cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

S-Dragon333

Hello - Quit Day Saturday April 3rd

Hi. I've been smoking on and off since I was 12. I'm totally tired of this addiction and want to be able to BREATHE again! I'm a musician and have been playing in bars/clubs since the 80's. After quitting for 8 years I was offered a cigarette in a bar (2009) and was immediately hooked again. I turn 60 this year and I want to be able to perform till I meet my proverbial maker. Any suggestions or support will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Much love to you all.

MusicDragon (aka Shawna)

🤘🤘

Labels (1)
6 Replies
PastTense

Welcome aboard, @S-Dragon333 !!   I have wonderful visions of a dragon with really long lashes, in a red sequined dress singing at a night club (but only torch and scales).

You gave my brain a little giggle, so THANK YOU.

What has helped me to quit has been a quit plan.  Think about what you are going to do when a craving hits. 

Are you planning on using the patch or gum or anything?  That has helped many members with their quit.

Smoking is both an addiction (nicotine) AND a habit (smoking).  Breaking both requires strategy, tenacity, and industrial quantities of chocolate.

I encourage you to read through the posts here and PLEDGE every single day.

It's working for me!

Keep the Quit
PT
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex @S-Dragon333  There is great support here to help you be successful.   Read everything you can on the site about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.   Be prepared knowing what tools you'll use, what new  associations you'll create instead of smoking, etc.  

We're here for you, so just reach out if you need support or want to share your journey.  Staying close early own really helped get through some early challenges.  And Taking the Daily Pledge helps to keep you on track one day at time.

Looking forward to celebrating with you in the 3rd.

Barb

Tags (1)
S-Dragon333

THANK YOU Barbscloud. I am very grateful for your comment and support. I will make sure to do my daily pledge and research.

❤️

MusicDragon

0 Kudos
S-Dragon333

lol, glad I could giggle your brain. Dragon's have been a thing since I read The Hobbit and met Smaug.

When a craving hits I'm going to 'hit' the drums. I will do 3-5 min of single strokes, double strokes, or paradiddles.

No patch or gum but I did buy some hard candy....and some chocolate. lol

Thank you so much for your insight, greatly appreciated. I'm feeling real good about this quit - now is the time.

MusicDragon 🔥

I really benefited by reading this http://www.canadianis.com/jim/stopsmoking/easyway-illustrated.pdf  illustrated version of Allen Carr's Easyway to Quit Smoking. This book has been recommended to me about twenty times since I came to this community, and since I'm in nursing school I felt like it would be a bit overwhelming to read and study a whole book, but this illustrated version is perfect, I read it in only about 30 minutes and it has all the most important points from the written book. You could even potentially read it when you are in the middle of a craving!

Hope this helps.

S-Dragon333

Downloaded....THANK YOU Aubree! Very much appreciated.

❤️

MusicDragon

0 Kudos