cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tj46

Hello, I'm new & ready to drop a 30 yr habit

Hi, I've been smoking since I was 17, and soon will be 47. That's almost 30 years of insanity. I have asthma (have been hospitalized for it before), and am addicted to OTC inhalers. Tomorrow I start tracking my cigs and really paying attention to my "light up" moments. I've read so many great posts, and hope we can all help eachother to become smoke free. I look forward to making some new pals here and learning from you all.
Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
lisa20

Hi,
I have also been smoking for 26 years and am starting to have a good many health problems. I have the same goal as you. To be smoke free forever. Good luck to you.
0 Kudos
carlie

Hi there, TJ...Glad you're working the EX program, and you already know we're all here for you.....you have succeeded in Step #1 - you want to quit.....Step #2 - You found out HOW you can quit......Step #3 - YOU HAVE US !!!!! YIPPEE !!!

You'll be fine...keep in touch !!!!
0 Kudos
tj46

Thank you Debbie
We all need support, it's so nice to know there's someone to turn to in difficult moments. I'm on the "relearning your habit" step, so I don't have a quit date yet. But sooooooooon. thanks.
0 Kudos
jen-x

Working the plan is a great start. You can do this!
0 Kudos
tj46

Thank you to everyone. I tried to respond to everyone last night, but my computer kept shutting down. After a few adjustments it's working fine now. Such is life, lol. I'm tracking my smokes right now, so I don't have a quit date yet. Will let you know.

Thanks for the pics. Lisa, we can only feel better once we quit. (I'm hoping, anyway) Have a great day all.
0 Kudos
eyjenk

Easiest way to keep track of it is put them down for good!
It will be hard you will slip up and I have said it 1,000 times, if you slip throw your pack away!
You can do it!
I don't think it's a how long thing.
I think a habit is a habit and everyone has to relearn life without smoking.
Just an adjustment.
Boy it's a sucky adjustment but you can make it!
Ok I gotta get off here.
Yvette
0 Kudos