cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

billsk

Hello ! I’m new here!

I’ve been looking all over the place on the internet to help me quit smoking cigarettes. My name is Kendra , I’m 18 . The law is changing over from 18 to 21 . I shouldn’t have ever started smoking . Now is my chance to switch my life. Good habits to replace smoking 

17 Replies
Margaretd

Kendra, , one of the things I found helpful was to pledge every day on a quit smoking site.  Somehow that physical action was very important to my quit.  I checked in with my quit friends and found great support from them.  

Smoking, vaping or the use of any tobacco products is simply not sustainable.  I am much older than you, smoked much longer than you and have many negative effects of smoking cigarettes.  You are so wise to quit now.  It is unlikely you will have any medical problems if you stop today.  

Good luck to you.  

0 Kudos
green1611

Congratulations for coming here, you are at right place.You are not alone, all here to support you.

Quitting smoking is good experience. Shout when needed, that is better than lighting the cigarette.

I wish you that do not quit now....rejoin at 21....Quit for ever !

All the best !

0 Kudos

How much do you smoke per day?

If you haven't yet quit, say "I'm going to wait a little longer" every time you want to smoke.,

Say "I don't do that anymore" every time you think of smoking.

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing billsk?

Welcome aboard!!!

I am new here also as my old group site shutting down.

Make out your entire Quit Plan...

Stock up a healthy Quit Kit....

Above all, embrace NOPE!!!  (Not One Puff Ever!!!)

Hang in there!!!!!

Best decision you will ever make for yourself!!!

0 Kudos
TERRY_B

Kendra what a great inspiration you are for anyone making a new years resolution. Smoke free is the way to be.

Terry 

0 Kudos
KMC56

Welcome..amazing isn't it, that nicotine is an addiction.  So happy to have you have a voice for the young ones.

You won't regret belonging to this site, the support is amazing!!

~Kathy

0 Kudos
3413-5590

Believe in your self you can do it.

0 Kudos