cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Madyzsgocka

Hello! I just found this site, I think it ROCKS!! I'm only on quit day 2!

I'm lovin all the serious help and support I see being given here, and ppl. not talking BS like on so many other sites designed for support, but are abused instead. Anyway....I just wanted to say "hi". Like I said in my title, I'm only on day 2, but so far, so good. I'm really determined this time. I'm what I call a life-long smoker. I'm 51, and started when I was 8 :(. This is my 5th serious attempt in 5 years, the last time being Sept. 2010. As usual, I caved after about 20-21 days. I never really reached out for help tho, and this time I'm using Chantix, and really prepared mentally. It all seems to be helping.  I come from a big family....a long line of smokers. Back in "the day" it was acceptable and "chic". Boy, if they knew then what we know now about smoking huh? So....wish me luck, any advice you can give me will be truely appreciated. Share your stories. I'm a firm believer in that there is strength in numbers, and that there is a positive to find in everyone's story. I'll check back later....time to fill the ice water glass, take a shower, and then a nice long walk.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

What a nice post!  sO GLAD YOU CAME TO THE BLOGS!  You are so right. This place ROCKS!

0 Kudos
jojo_2-24-11

congrats on your quit,Mady. This is the best place for support! Keep up the quit!

0 Kudos