cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BrianE

Hello, I am new to this site and I love all the info. I am quitting on Aug 5th. I am going to try the nasal spray. Has anyone had good results with this product? Can you get a sponsor like AA from this site?

I am new to this site. I am quitting on Aug 5th. Has anyone used the nasal spray and had good results?

0 Kudos
18 Replies
BrianE

Thank you. Good advice.

elvan

Welcome to EX, what a wonderful welcome you have already received.  May I just add my welcome to the others.  This site is amazing and the support and education that are here are absolutely priceless.

I have not smoked in over 3 1/2 years and I credit this site for my success.

Again, welcome.

Ellen

0 Kudos
constanceclum

I tried the nasal spray but it didn't work for me because of the intense burning. Everyone is different though. I now use the patches but there are others that cant's tolerate those so just Welcome and glad you are here. As many have told me, NRT's are helpful but nothing quits for you. Only you can do that!

Connie

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Patches work for a lot of people.  Everyone will have skin irritation from them.  When your first apply them you may feel itching for about 30 minutes. It then subsides.  When you take them off the site will look red or irritated.  That too subsides without discomfort in a day or two.  There are videos on this site by MD's from Mayo Clinic talking about using NRT's.  They are very informative.  Congratulations on making the best decision you will ever make.  You can do this.  Stick close to this site.

BrianE

Thank you for that information. I will stay close to this site. I must quit. I want to quit. Aug 5th. is my quit date.

bonniebee

Just want to say hello and sayings welcome red rose.jpg

Angie_machado

Are you still here Brian?  How are you doing?

BrianE

Hello Angie,

I am still here. I am on day 2 of my quit. Thank you for your support. I am having a hard time in the mornings mostly. I wish there was someone to talk to when I get that urge.

I am going to keep on pushing through this.

Brian

0 Kudos
smorgy8513

Image result for welcome to the family

We will have the same day (8/5) but mine is 4 years coming up.    Best thing I ever did!!!