cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jinny

Hello Everyone

I am new at this I have never got in a discussion group before I have read postings from several different groups. I started with the chantix april 4th. took it for 5 & half weeks I had to stop early I had some problems with it. The dreams I could handle It didn't give me many problems with my stomach. I had muscle cramps and pain in my legs and arms. Has any one else had these kind of problems With chantex? I have smoked for almost 50 yrs. I have tried to stop lots of times before I've tried the patch, gum, cold turkey, herbal stuff I can't remember all the different stuff but the chantix does seem to work better than anything else for me. now I'm going cold turkey and its hard I am 91 days smoke free and some days I still taste them. Anyone have have any ideas that help would be great. Jinny
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
carlie

Hi Jinny...and Welcome....and CONGRATULATIONS on being smoke-free for 91 days....GOOD JOB.....

As for the taste...you'll get lots of suggestions here, I'm sure. The one sure-fire thing I've read about is cinnamon...I can't stomach sucking on a cinnamon stick - it's too strong for me. But some DO it !!! I'm not a candy-eater, so cinnamon candies aren't real great for me. I found sugar-less cinnamon gum....and cinnamon flavored lozenges. But it's the actual chemicals that are found naturally in real cinnamon that takes the tast away !!!

You'll enjoy this site...join groups....make friends....and keep posting. We're a really fun group; and very helpful and supportive !!!
Good Luck !!!
0 Kudos
kathy58

Hey Carlie - I'm still having trouble understanding how to "use" a cinnamon stick. I bought some from the grocery that were in a "tin" and were probably very old. They had practically no smell when I opened the tin, and when I sucked on one, there was nothing.

So, I went to a health food store and bought a big bag of cinnamon sticks. Haven't counted, but there are at least 50 of them in the bag. These sticks I could smell, just a little bit. So, I sucked on one ... and, nothing. No aroma, no taste, nothing.

When people on here mention cinnamon sticks, I wonder if they're talking about something different than what I have bought. Cinnamon stick CANDY, perhaps???s I need to figure this out ..........

And I've got about 49 cinnamon sticks anybody can have, if they want them. 🙂

Kathy
Day 7
0 Kudos
jinny

Hello All Thats what I though that the cravings would go away there are some days that I don't want them at all, and then there are days when it seems like it was just yesterday that I smoked. Those are the bad days thats when I get on the computer and just serf or play games anything to stay busy.
0 Kudos
susan72

91 days is amazing, Jinny. Too bad you can't take the Chantix. Hopefully you will get over those big cravings soon because you have come way too far to let this quit not be for something special. Keep up the good work!
0 Kudos
jinny

Hi, all I know you are right. I have been retired for 8 Mo. just babying sitting the grand kids all summer they went back to school last week. I'm going back to work part time. I have to much free time. 109 days & 436.00 saved is to much to loose, Thanks Jinny
0 Kudos
louise2

Hi Jinny, Wow! Thats fantastic. good for you. i have quit too, to many times to remember, but, this time I have 64 days in and I still get occasional cravings and my mind likes to play games but, as you are already finding out there are plenty of people here in the same boat. I for one definitely found Popscicles helped me in the beginning with the taste. Also, I really agree with the coloring book idea. A friend gave me a book, I went and bought myself a box of crayons and have been fulfilling severasl needs at the same time coloring. You are doing great...
0 Kudos
louise2

Thanks, I will have a good Monday, even at work!! I have a freezer full of popsicles at all times!!! You have a good week.
0 Kudos
jinny

Hi,Great going , keep up the good work. I have tried many times to, this is about as long as I have ever quit popsicles do sound good I havent tried the coloring books yet . I found real arcade a game site on the computer I have played about all thier puzzle and seek & find trial games. I ike the freezer pops to.
0 Kudos
louise2

Yes, I always have a freezer full. They really help me. Sounds like you are doing well. Congrat's, on your quit. The longest I ever quit years ago was for 2 years!!! So, even after that length of time, I started again one night, just like I had never even quit!!! The mind, can be tricky, if you don't constantly stay aware. I am much more aware these days than I was then. Stay strong in your quit, you are really doing great, Jinny!
0 Kudos