cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

shashort

Hello Day 300

WOW, HURRAY AND YIPPEE!!  Well time to say goodbye to the 200's.  Wow it is hard to believe it has been 300 days without one puff of a nasty sickerette.  Well I have Nico's dudes pattern and seems he likes to jump in and try to suck me in when I am close to a milestone. He hit me at day 91, day 195 (this is the day I bit the lemon and oh yeah was and is still effective) and day 299, yes yesterday he was trying to nudge me but to no avail and I shewed him away, so the key is we must stay vigilant at all times. Which is what Marilyn speaks everyday.

How did I get to 300 days: This is it in a nutshell! I listened to the elders and took their suggestions and recommendations to heart. I came here when the struggle was real and they talked me down. They gave me different ways to think.  I  would  blog,stomp,exercise, walk while I chant mantra's over and over till the crave was over. I had to learn to take try's and wishes out of the equation and remember this is my commitment and know I just have to do whatever it takes to get through it. The big thing I put into my quit was the determination that I will be free. The great thing is we have this wonderful family here who really care about each of you newbies and we are here cheering you on because we care for you. We know it's not always easy but this is why you are here for support.  There will always be obstacles to face and that is called life  and it still goes on without a cigarette in hand. I have faced  many obstacles in the course of my quit that could been so easy to throw the towel in but I didn't use them as excuses (although I tried hehehe just kidding this great family kept showing me  love, support and care and got me threw it.) So use us and blog before you smoke and we can help you though.  Even if you have to blog lots in the beginning that is all right that is what its here for.  Find your determination to find freedom and you will succeed.  Thank you to everyone who has invested their time and believed in me even when I didn't believe in me and got me to the freedom of success.  64 and a 1/2 days till my 1 year.  How convenient it works out to celebrate my one year anniversary with all the people who got me here at Virgnia Beach. Woohoo waiting for the party. Hugs to all! and thanks for all the new friends I have here.

32 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

65 more days Baby Girl and you will be in the 6% club.  You will have a key well earned.  You are an example to us all that no matter what is going on in your life you do not have to smoke.  Congratulations on 300 days smoke free. I applaud youImage result for animated applause

0 Kudos
Giulia

"Find your determination to find freedom and you will succeed."

You certainly found yours, Sharon.  You have set the bar mighty high in No Excuseville.  No more pings necessary from this end.  You continue to be the Champ you are and lead by your shining example.  Kudos on the three hundred and ONE!  

Image result for you champ pics

shashort

Thank you Giula for being here and pinging me until I quit making excuses. Dang I tried the excuses but  dang you all wouldn't let me by with the excuses.:) hehe thanks a bunch

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

Congratulations on 300 days smoke free. You definitely had a very interesting 300 days. Great job.

Terry

shashort

Thankyou Terry. Hahaha I guess interesting could be a descriptive word for this crazy journey I have been on.  I am so amazed I made it to 300

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Congratulations Sharon on your precious 300 smoke free days and heading straight to the 6 % club, woweeeee 1 glorious year of Freedom coming up, you are a rock star and should be very proud of your awesome 300 Day milestone I hope you are enjoying your evening my friend and fellow Exer.  shashort 

shashort

Thank you Marilyn for joining my celebration blog.

0 Kudos
elvan

I am so happy for you, Sharon, 300 days is absolutely amazing!  Congratulations.

0 Kudos
cpsono

CONGRATS Sharon...I'm so proud of you!!   CP

0 Kudos
vanlil

Well girlfriend with the new site today I finally found your blog.  Whoppeeee 300????

Busy with my concert series completed Mar. 26th.

Lots of work.  Had a 88th b/day party for husband on Tues.  around 35 people and I didn't use a caterer.  Fun but a lot of work .  Absolutely NO ONE smoked.............Grateful I didn't have to sneak somewhere to get stinky - then spray lots of cologne and use mouthwash before I join the crowd.

That is freedom to be sure.

Lillian  Today 267 dof