cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ladyferret

Helllo Everyone

Hi everyone I quit Oct 1st. and so far it is going well. I found that when my cravings get insane I go for a jog or I walk to the store and buy something I want with money I would have spent on smokes instead. I bought so many bulbs this year for my garden I dont even know if I will have room for them all but it deffinitley is working and only a few times a day I really crave a smoke.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ro_10

I have my quit date for Oct 11 2010 its been in the works for months because of medical problems i have. Any and all support i can get will be very helpful .

0 Kudos
ladyferret

Hey Ro,

I know for me having an actual quit date helps and the busier you keep yourself for those first few days the better off you are. I duno if you have any hobbies but I garden and I planted many of my fall bulbs I still have some for this weekend to plant plus got the garden in I wanted to put in the back of my house since I bought this place two years ago. I also would run or walk to the store and buy a lil something for myself when the cravings got real bad those first few days which is why I have so many new bulbs to plant LOL. But Im still ahead 50-60 a week on cigs and only spent 20 on lil things for myself. Keep Active and Good Luck!

0 Kudos
ro_10

The keeping active will be my hardest challenge im on oxygen and its a bit of a struggle walking much, however the hobby thing i can do i thought i would catch up on all the reading ive put off for years. And of course reading things on here. Thanks for responding  .

Ron

0 Kudos