cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jla61

Having rough time.

I knew my mom's place was going to really put me through the wringer. I'm trying to not have self pity. But if you guys knew what I have to go through . My mom is not normal my life is not normal. Everything is so dyfunctional. Tough first day

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Find a special spot that you will consider your place.  A spot where the air is fresh and you can take deep breaths, do  body stretches and meditate.  Make a special area your refuge. 

Barbara145

You CAN do this, no matter what.  Life isn't easy for many of us.  That pain you are feeling would still be there in the best of situations.  Hang in there.  Know that the pain we experience is growing us.  It does have a purpose.  Hang in there.  Learn to take care of you.  You are worth it.

Jla61

Thank you Barbara. I got through and I might not have if it wasn't for everyone here. I appreciate all of you. Everyone here has been so welcoming and kind. 

0 Kudos
Christine13

Oh gosh, caregiving is a tough job!!  I understand the stress with difficult patients, my husband was one.

I'm so glad to hear you made it through the day.  Go home, relax, and deep breathe.  You should feel very proud of yourself!!