cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

evie-kasper

Having it rough!

A mom, a wife, a solid worker... 41 years old, but I've been smoking since I was 13. I've been smoking longer than most of my co-workers have been alive. I went to the doctor since she's been on my back about losing weight and quitting smoking. When I tell her I'm doing both, her response... don't try to do too much at once! WHAT? Anyway - this is probably my millionth time trying to quit so I thought I would try a support system this time. I smoked my last cigarette on Sunday, June 22 at 2:30 pm. Wish me luck!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jaded

Hi Evie, you've made a wise decision coming here. Loads and loads of support from people that know exactly what you are going through. One of those people would be me! Not an easy road we're on but one well worth the effort

Lots & lots of luck!! 😃

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My quit began Two Months, Two Days, 11 Hours and 10 Minutes ago, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days and 17 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2221 smokes that would have cost me $417.58.
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Thank you so much for the support! Where did you get the quit info -- two months, two days, etc.? It would be great to be able to show my minute to minute accomplishments at the point.
0 Kudos
Jaded

Here!
0 Kudos
tara2

I have made many attempts to quit before too (well maybe this isn't my millionth time, but enough to feel like crap about my previous failures!!). I can honestly say that I really believe this site is what has brought me to my day eight of no smoking. Everytime I feel the urge to go out for a smoke, I log in here instead and catch up on the boards. Seeing the successes of others is what pulls me through those urges because I know I want to be a success too! You came to the right place, and we are all here to support and encourage you in any way we can! 🙂 Best of luck to you!!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Thank you for this! It's great! Everyone like me who is currently going minute-to-minute should have this. You're awesome!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

I know -- The truth is that quitting smoking is my number one priority right now. The weight loss is simply coming from moving more and eating less. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. Quitting smoking fits right in. Thanks!
0 Kudos
evie-kasper

Hey, Tara. OK... it may not be my millionth either 🐵 I already feel better since I've started being an ex! I truly thank everyone for their words of support and help.
0 Kudos