cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kiki2

Havent smoked in 2 days...

Hi! Yep after about 25 years of smoking I finally Stopped. I havent said I *quit* just yet...cause its only been just over 48 hours that I havent had one!! Please tell me the nausea feeling stops!! AND...also tell me I will stop wanting one?!?! Happy to be here.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kiki2

Congrats on your almost 2 years Jack!! And thanks for the support. Im actually suprised and how i feel. I dont feel edgy as much as annoyed & pissed that I want one...REALLY REALLY (did i mention really?) bad. The first 2 days i used the patch...im going to try it today without the patch, to see if i dont feel like i want to throw up. The nauseated feeling is more from smells. I went to the grocery store yesterday and had to leave cause something smelled icky. My husband also quit....more by default. He asked if i picked up any smokes, and I told i quit ;). He still chews which is slightly annoying to me...but tells me its ok that he chews cause I am wearing the patch :s. Anyhoo...Thanks again for your support and the info. I look forward to calling myself a quitter ;).
0 Kudos
lynne4

72 hours and nicotine is out of your system! Good luck and it is a great feeling to stop, the first week is the toughest!
0 Kudos
val

Congratulations!!!! I am praying for you : )
0 Kudos
jessica16

Good job Kiki! Hang in there! I'm on day 3 and today was a lot better than yesterday! I just keep telling myself that tomorrow will be better.
0 Kudos
cgfree

You will, take one day at time, be proud of yourself for every new day that you didn't light up. I'm on my 3 days, and I'll quit this time. Let all of us quiter be strong together... keep posting
0 Kudos