cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cpsono

Has anyone seen...

Jump to solution

Old Bones, aka Larry, aka The Caravan Master?   I don't recall seeing him since we wen to the new forum.  I'm concerned.  CP

24 Replies

Update for everyone.....   I just saw the cardiologist this morning. The Systolic Failure is slowly advancing. I am still holding well though and nothing needs to be done as of now. She did however make me an emergency appointment with my pulmonologist. I have to go there this afternoon. More on this when I know more.

Larry the Caravan Master

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Sending good thoughts and prayers up for you Larry, it's definitely great to see you and yes please let us know how you made out with the pulmonogist today! OldBones-Larry

0 Kudos
cpsono

Hi Larry...We'll be praying and thinking about you.  Very nice to see you!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Hope it goes well Larry.

0 Kudos
elvan

OldBones-Larry  There sure are lots of prayers and love coming in your direction, hope all goes well with the pulmonologist.  You ARE thought of a LOT!  I thought I read that you were going to be at the bonfire this weekend at least at some point, is that right?

Hugs,

Ellen

0 Kudos

I just got home from the pulmonologist's office. The news was actually pretty good. No pneumonia, lungs sound pretty clear, and no need for the hospital at this time. I will be on massive prednisone doses for the next 9 days just in case there is inflammation. I can live with that. Also nebulizer treatments every 4 hours around the clock.

I do plan on making it in sometime over the weekend for the bonfire.

Larry

elvan

OldBones-Larry‌ I am so glad it is not pneumonia.  High does of prednisone are not much fun but they should certainly help if there is inflammation.  Those nebulizer treatments WITH the prednisone are going to keep you awake for a bit but I am glad you are alright, thanks for checking back in.

Hugs,

Ellen

0 Kudos

Praying you, Larry! I hope you get the answers you need and the care you deserve!

0 Kudos
gregp136

OldBones-Larry‌, I am but a babe in the quit world, and this thread prompted me to read through your past blogs.  Wow.  Thank you.  

I would recommend your posts to all the other rookies.  They are a wonderful, insightful, and pleasurable.

Thank you,

Greg

0 Kudos
elvan

gregp136‌  I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful those NML posts were, Larry was ahead of me in his quit and he made me laugh and look forward to every post.