cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MarilynH

(: Happy Mothers Day Weekend to all Moms :)

Mothers day for alot of us is bittersweet my Mom passed away 8 years ago on the 26th of January 3 days after her 72nd birthday I helped my Dad settle her into a Manor after she'd  been in the hospital for almost 5 months she had so many health issues Dads health was suffering I helped in every way I could my Mum was on oxygen 7/24 for the last year or so of her Life she quit smoking 6 years before she passed after she broke her hip, I was with her when she passed away I sent Dad home that evening because I was worried about him not realizing that she'd be gone that night  a nurse woke me up at 2 in the morning and listened to her heart and pronounced her gone I remember just standing there dumfounded looking at my Mom. This is going to be a totally different kind of Mothers day for everyone this year

here's a picture of my Mum, Mason and I at the Manor my daughter Mandy took the picture it's the last one taken it was18 days before she died, I love the expression on her face I'd been chasing Mason up and down the hallways..... he wore himself out so we turned the TV on for him it was a wonderful visit especially with Mandy and Mason with me.

15889810072261445309592.jpg

Tags (1)
12 Replies
Barbscloud

Thanks elvan  Ellen.   Off to a good start.  My day always begins with spending time with Charlie.  We go for a long walk and he retrieves tennis balls.  Going to grill some steaks for dinner and even though its chilly, think I'm  going to do some work in the yard. With all the rain lately, it's a treat to do some work outside. 

Give yourself a break and have a wonder Mother's Day.  

Barb

Christine13

Thank you for sharing the family picture and story about your Mom.  I am extremely lucky to still have my Mom at age 90 years old.  I love her so much. 

MarilynH

0 Kudos