cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

robert132

Hangin on

Day 1 was rough but today has been a real B$#@& . I'm hangin on and ridin this out. From what I hear after day 3 it kinda gets easier as your body is getting rid of the nicotine and returning to a before you started smoking state, is this correct?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mandie39

i have heard the same thing hun and also heard drink abt 6 glasses a water a day that will flush ur system out....idk abt anyone else but i got me a electronic cigarette and it helps ...but hang in there it will get easier

0 Kudos
tireduvsmoke

Congrats on your first day.

Now all you have to do is keep doing the same thing each day. Just don't smoke.

I'm in 16 days and I still get cravings. But they all pass. I smoked for 25 years.

If you go 5 miles into the woods, it's 5 miles back out.

In a few days you will realize how horrible they stink. Your food will taste better. The cravings I get now are less intense than the first 8 days.

You can do this.

0 Kudos

I'm in the same place Robert.  I've quit many times and days 3-5 are the worst.  I'm in day 4 right now.  So far so good. 

I've quit for up to 5 months before and let me tell you the 3-5 days and somewhere around 2 weeks are the worst.  The nice thing is that you DO start feeling better immediately... or after those first few days.  

It may sound stupid, but try planning 2 things for each day.  The first is 15 minutes to relax and 'meditate' and the second is 30 minutes to be active.

I find the relaxation is great if you can do it almost immediately after you wake up.  Having the time to clear your head and prepare yourself for the day is excellent and it also helped me replace that morning drive smoke (my worst trigger as I used it to prep for a long work day).

The exercise is great around lunch or before I get home.  It really helped kill the jittery stress of needing the smoke. Here's to staying and EX.

0 Kudos