cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

HOW MUCH FATIGUE IS NORMAL? HOW TO FIGHT IT???????

FATIGUE?????????????????????   WHEN I STARTED MY QUIT, THE FIRST 3 DAYS, I HAD ENDLESS ENERGY.

FOLLOWED BY CRYING OVER TV PROGRAMS. THEN TOTAL EXHAUSTION AND I COULD HAVE SLEPT AROUND THE CLOCK....IF THE PHYSICAL BODY WOULD ALLOW ME TO STAY IN BED THAT LONG.....

THEN, I THOUGHT I WAS PAST THAT.....I REALIZE I'VE DONE ALOT HERE SINCE MARCH 8TH. THAT WAS 1ST. FULL DAY HOME.......THE FATIGUE HAS RETURNED AND IS UNBELIEVABLE!!!! HOW LONG DOES THIS LAST????? HAVEN'T HAD A COLD. HAD FLU LAST FALL. SINUS INFECTION WAS MONTHS AGO. MY CHRONIC PAIN LEVEL WAXES AND WANES FROM DAY TO DAY. I AM MEDICATION SENSITIVE AND USE AS MANY ALTERNATIVE APPROACHES AS POSSIBLE. I HOPE TO DITCH BP MEDS WHEN FURTHER OUT ON MY JOURNEY.

I HAVE DISCOVERED THE HIGH ENERGY, I ALWAYS HAD ...EVERYONE, WANTED SOME OF IT...WASN'T TRULY ME!  IT WAS  MY DRUGS OF CHOICE!!!!!    COFFEE AND SMOKES!!!!!!   BOTH LEGAL FOR SALE AND BOTH DOING ME IN.............

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A NIGHT OWL.....EVEN AS A CHILD...I DON'T KNOW, WHAT IS NORMAL, ANYMORE..?????

I GO TO BED 2-3 HRS. EARLIER AND SLEEP 1-3 HRS. LATER..........THE TIME CHANGE DIDN'T HELP ME,EITHER!

DOES THIS FATIGUE COME AND GO IN ROUNDS WITH OLDER WOMEN???????????????? I ALREADY DEAL WITH CFS THAT GOES WITH MY FIBROMYALGIA AND ARTHRITIS. SEVERAL INJURIES THAT THE FALL OUT IS WITH ME EVERYDAY ....STILL COLD UP HERE,NEW SNOWS, AND SPRING HASN'T UNFOLDED YET.  THE COLD TAKES ALOT OF ENERGY FOR ME TO JUST MAKE THE DAYS.

I KNOW, IF I DON'T SLEEP WELL, MY DAYS ARE MUCH HARDER. I HAVE MORE CONCENTRATION ISSUES. ACCOMPLISH LESS.....USUALLY DRAGGING BY TIME I'M SERVING SUPPER.HUBBY HELPS WITH KITCHEN MESS....I'M TRYING TO RELAX AND GO WITH THE FLOW. I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE SLEEPING 12 HRS. OUT OF EVERY 24...........

ANY IDEAS?????????????? HOW TO FIGHT THIS????????????? I DO, DECAF COFFEE THESE DAYS. I DECAFED MYSELF,MONTHS BEFORE THE QUIT. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DESIRE TO LIGHT UP.........

I EAT A HEALTHY DIET......MY EXERCISE ROUTINE IS FALLING APART BECAUSE I AM POOPED BEFORE I FINISH THE CHORES I HAVE TO ADDRESS.  ALL WINTER IT WAS TOTALLY ABOUT MY HEALTH AND MAZY'S

NO MAN TO COOK AND CLEAN FOR...WASN'T MUCH FOR LAUNDRY OR CLEANING.......

0 Kudos
31 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It WILL pass - but you must be patient.  If you can, take a nap (I'm serious!).  your body is working extra hard to heal itself from the harm you did to it by smoking.  You heal when you are sleeping.

Be kind to you for a bit.  The only way out of this is through.  Accept the tireds as part of the journey.  A fair number of people experience insomnia when they quit.  I think I'd take YOUR way!!!

It will ALL be worth it in the end- I promise!

Hang in there (remember that nobody will care if your house isn't spotless or you get carry-out for dinner).  They WILL remember that you didn't quit smoking when you fall ill from it!

Nancy

KTQeeyore

Hey Rose, Give yourself a break! Like Y@heart said, lotsa healing going on and right now 

the main thing you should be concerned with is that wonderful quit you have. A friend use

to say no matter how bad the day goes or how many things go wrong, when you go to bed 

at night  give yourself a great big hug and say at least I did not smoke today!   

Kimshine

I'm having the opposite problem. I have not slept more than 4.5 hours a night since I quit almost 3 weeks ago. I am exhausted and emotionally raw. 

I hope you get your energy back soon. It would be perfect if we could share sleeping problems and even each other out!

Kim

that would be perfect....

0 Kudos
Kimshine

If only it were a perfect world!

Something perfect is that we are both NOT SMOKING!

I agree with you.... As never thought I'd beat this nic-o-demon.......... I am! One day at a time... The cravings do disappear sooner than I expected.... They are random now but not close together. Have a wonderful day!

Nic-o-demon...check.

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

Ditto !  4.5 hours if I am lucky......

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Well when I have a problem that can be fixed but I'm not quite sure what will help I go to the internet and add a bunch of youtube videos to my watch-later list. Then I have a look at them at a time of my chosing--usually a few good ideas come to the surface in watching and then I try them out. 

Don't fight it so much as learn to live without the smokes during your normal waking hours--ur--one day at a time. Congratulations on your progress!