cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pamela

HELP !!

I really don't know where to start. I was so prepared and so happy the I was going to be hitting one month without smoking., The thought of that made me "Big headed" I guess, I thought I have this thing beat. So when I said, "you can smoke one because you already have this beat. "Why didn't I realise this was the junkie? The warning sign??? I forgot all about my response to send him packing without his cigarette.
It is really hard to understand why I fell for that. I think what i did was get too Big headed in my quit.
My guard was down, ( I see why you tell me to never let it down. )

I feel so down today, Like I lost my best friend. My stomache hurts, my head is down, it is really upsetting me. Nothing I want to ever feel again, thats for sure!
It brings new meaning to " one is never enough" Thanks for reminding me that !!!

I did set a new quit date. Today at 6am. Feb 11th 2009 !!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
anna12

Pam, you've gotten some really good advice. Listen to all of it and remember, you did not fail, you had a hiccup! Hiccups go away. It seems you have the right mind set for a successful quit, you already had a month. Like Ben said, pull into that resource to continue with your quit and remember YOU MUST STAY POSITIVE, keep all the negative away from you for a while! That's what really helped me was being so positive! I now have 23 days, have joined a gym and I feel great! You will too, just pick yourself up, dust your rump off and continue on your way! I'm proud of you for being honest about your hiccup, being honest is the best rememdy in recovery. I wish you all the best!

Big Huggs
XOXO =0)
0 Kudos
chris-hollis

From one Chris to another........right on.

I know I spent a lot of time telling myself I could quit any time....so then why did I keep smoking? Because I am an addict when it comes to nicotine!

We can stop smoking. Millions of people have done it. Keep as positive an attitude as you can and beware of the subtle traps the 'ole nicodemon lays for you and you can do it. What a gift we're giving ourselves and anyone who care about us.
0 Kudos
chris61

Thanks for reminding me about getting "big Headed". I've only quit for a week and already think that I'm almost invincible.

I didn't even realize that I was a drug addict until I quit smoking. I thought it was just a habit and my choice. I really didn't appreciate the magnitude of the addiction.

I'm in no position to give you advice, but I know that I intend to finally win the war this time even if I loose a few battles.

I'm sure we can do it as long as we don't give up.

Chris
Mdye

The same thing happened to me. I didn't realize I was addicted to cigarettes until my first quit. I was an addict. It blew my mind and knock me on my butt when I realized the gravity of it.

0 Kudos