cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

coreinstincts

HELP, MIND won't stop

I have this problem! It's not what I would call a craving because it doesn't stop! My brain won't stop yelling at me to smoke. I use my vap and it still won't stop. I need a new brain until this one is fixed please. this needs to stop or I am in danger of losing my quit!

0 Kudos
15 Replies

It helped me to cut some straws into thirds and just chew on them. they are about the size of a cigarette so when you hold it, it is similar. I never inhaled through them like smoking, just chewed.

maryfreecig

this needs to stop or I am in danger of losing my quit!

Do you mean that if the impulse to smoke does not stop, you do not wish to proceed with your quit? I can see how it would be tiring to struggle against the idea of smoking--the old life. But the active addiction to smoking/nicotine is undone one day at a time. Add more to your routine. Don't wait for the addiction problem to stop bothering you on its own--you do have say so in your quit. High five for opening up about your frustration. 

Diannnnn

I wonder if Dale JonesCarpeDiem‌ is on to something here. Bear with me. If I remember correctly, the last time your brain was screaming you gave it vaping with no nicotine. Maybe it is like a small child, thinking that maybe this time you'll give it a little nicotine, then a little more, etc. It's used to getting nicotine when you inhale and now it isn't. I wonder if this might be another reason there are folks that say not to vape to quit. I am getting nicotine through my patch, but if I forget to change it in a timely manner, the craves are stronger. That I can deal with, but if I was vaping, even with no nicotine, I could see how I might say, "Hmmm, maybe if I add like 0.00001 mg of nicotine, it would ease the crave." And that would be that. I would end up adding more and more until it would be like I never "quit". 

This is just my mind wondering and wandering. Please stay strong and find what gets you through the long craves. I've had them even with the patch. Probably why I haven't lost weight despite exercising...LOL.

Dian

0 Kudos
elvan

coreinstincts  It's your brain...you CAN tell it to shut up, you CAN tell it that you are not interested.  Your addiction is speaking, not your brain.  The beginning is tough but you are making this, you are in charge of your brain...it's NOT in charge of you.   I know that is hard to believe sometimes but it's true.  

Ellen

coreinstincts

I made it through yesterday and thank you for all the kind words of support. You have all been great in helping me get through this mind bender that I have been on. I was struggling and you guys gave me great ideas for the next time it happens. My vap even gave out on me this time while I was out training the puppies this time...  Not a good combination. However, I seemed to have made it through and through the night while it charged. I think this quit is supposed to be happening and to stick.

elvan

I think you are RIGHT!