cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ClearColors

~*Got a Holiday Tune You Wanna Share?*~

A tune stolen, ahem, Borrowed  (yeah that's the ticket!) from QuitNet posted by Sherry L.  It's all about the Beach https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kgGCS49_vEU

A good quit distraction.
Got a tune to share...?
~Rock on,
Nancy
Tags (1)
16 Replies
avian3

YoungAtHeart

ClearColors

hGreensleeves (featuring Elyse Davis)

Another  tune  Borrowed  from QuitNet, posted by Bob R. 

avian3

avian3

I'm sorry if this isn't the proper place to post this. You can remove it if you choose.

First of all I am a boomer and I made a statement on Twitter and got blasted for being a sexual deviant because I said I preferred the originaI "Baby It's Cold Outside" over the latest version. I am not affiliated with any political party and don't ask this question for any other reason than I want to know if this is still proper to do. I heard it in a song I was going to post but thought twice about posting it.       Is hanging mistletoe and kissing under it still appropriate?

ClearColors

avian3‌  I like the song you chose above.

and here's Baby It's Cold Outside from Neptune's Daughter is from 1949. 

I have seen people blasted on Youtube for this Academy Award winning song,  Baby It's Cold Outside. ... a  reflection of its time.  I'm a Boomer too, let's go for it.  I really enjoy seeing the old actors!!  Let's try to enjoy it. If I need to, I"ll delete it.

Without further ado: Neptune's Daughter is a 1949 musical romantic comedy film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer starring Esther Williams, Red Skelton, Ricardo Montalbán, Betty Garrett, Keenan Wynn, Xavier Cugat and Mel Blanc. It was directed by Edward Buzzell, and features the Academy Award winning song Baby, It's Cold Outside by Frank Loesser.

I still hang my mistletoe up at home. Speaking of mistletoe, here's an Ascii drawing I did a while back.

And... I’ll meet you under the Mistletoe
```````.__````__`````````````
```````(_(\\``//)_)`````````````
```````/''/'\.v/'`'\''\`````````````
``````.(_(`óÒ``)_)````````````
```````.vv{ò°ò}'vv````````````
`````````.ò{°ò}%``````````````
`````````°ó%ò°```Clearcolors``````

Cousin-Itt

Heard this song years ago Ever since it has been on my play list  I found this version a couple years ago.

avian3 I believe the old version is fine. 

I hope I up loaded  my song right

I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake - Ian Anderson ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6-PAKO...

ClearColors

Cousin-Itt‌ for some reason the link is not working for me

I wonder if it matters if I reply to your post or to the original.

I found it on youtube and will try it here.

I believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake - Ian Anderson - YouTube 

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

When my boys were young we always played this song Christmas Morning I still play it but it just not the same without them waking up as little boys here

Peter, Paul & Mary - "The Marvelous Toy" (320 kbps) - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7yEFE...