cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Good Morning from Boston -and my First day of Quitting (but umpteenth attempt)

I thought I would quit today, but wound up asking a friend for a smoke...

Been smoking a long time and I find this very very difficult. Can anyone offer advice?

🙂

Rich

0 Kudos
8 Replies
smokefreedom

Hi Rich,

All i can say is all my attempts  failed.

This time I quit. We  need to make the commitment.

I've been on the patch almost 5 weeks now.

I'm done, I refuse to smoke.

I'm not saying I don't miss smoking, but now I wonder why I miss it.

You can do it, if you want to

0 Kudos
gypsy6

Hi Rich,

Have you tried the patch, chantix or zyban.  You may just need a little help. Hang in there.

0 Kudos

I have tried, in no particular order, the Patch, the Lozenge(2), the nasal spray, and the gum. I asked ther doctor if mebbe he suppositories....They might work for me where nothing else has worked, thus far. I just this moment ran out of the Pall Malls and the convenience store is RIGHT next to the Starbucks where I am, but I'm not gonna do it. I'm going to think of all the $$$$ I can save- and how,if I stop, I wont have to bring (shopping) bags full of breathing meds home. and I'llsmell better.....

Can I do dis?

Regards from Boston

0 Kudos
iriseyes

hi rich, im on my 15th day and lets just say it has not been the best 15 days but it has been smoke free. i almost bought a pack when i found out i was going to be a grandmother at 40, one of lifes curve balls and a HUGE trigger. i didnt do it and im happy. i have been doing great on the chantix...couldnt be doing it without it. i have tried everything else out there. hang in there you can and will be smoke free. good luck....x smoker forver 🙂

0 Kudos
kkf34

Get the Book "The Easy way to quit smoking" by Allen Carr and puff away as you read it- he encourages it. You will quit when you are done. 🙂

0 Kudos

I had to look and look and look to find this page again. Thanks, everyone for the support. I have one (1) day without smoking using no paraphenalia. Today doc prescribed me some Nicotine Lozenges.Think all of the $$$$$$$$$$$ we'll save!

Smokeless in Boston (Rich)

0 Kudos
brenda61

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2010/06/500x_custom_1277410184713_ct_greetings_florida_3.jpg

Wish you all the best.  Keep a positive outlook. 

0 Kudos

It's now going on (almost) three (3) days without the drug. Who woulda thunk I could do this?

from rainy Boston

Rich

0 Kudos