cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Going to Hospital

I'm in a blizzard so the cops are going to take me to the Mental Hospital - no technology around. I don't know when I can get back to you. Just know I'm doing teh right thing - not what I am compelled to do but what is right by God.

Tags (1)
42 Replies
minihorses

I sympathize completely.  I've been to the mental hospital more times than I can count.  Praying you get the help necessary to help you feel whole again and know that we are sending love your way and that God will keep you in His glorious white light at all times.

Julie

0 Kudos
Lauralives

Thomas, you are in my prayers as I surround you in love!!  You are so brave.  Hugs, Laura

0 Kudos
Christine13

Thomas, you are in my thoughts and prayers.  May God heal you quickly.

0 Kudos
NewMe

I am adding my prayers for you Thomas3.20.2010 . You are so loved. I am so sorry you have had so many health issues. Praying for the quickest and best solution to this one.

0 Kudos
King1961

You are doing the right thing, absolutely no doubt. Been there done that 3 times. I knew I needed help and that was the only way. Let them help you, stay until you feel safe. I know you feel this will never get better, I cannot find the words that will convince you that IT WILL. Not tomorrow, maybe not next month, next year .... baby steps. You will eventually.  find the peace of mind to be happy again. Not easy, but doable. Never be embarrassed, millions of people are going through what you are. Gods speed to your recovery 

Gma_Bernie

Thomas, I feel for you. Because I have been on this site long enough to know you through your words, I know you will get through this. Thinking of you. Bernie

0 Kudos
Bree19

Thomas, I've been where you are. I understand.  You are doing what is right for you and I'm grateful you know yourself well enough to know what you need right now.  I wish you peace and love and calmer days ahead to give you time to heal.

Many hugs and blessings

Bree

0 Kudos
King1961

Thank you! Here we are, time has past! I am feeling so much better! Perhaps due to very small dose of antidepressant that my shrink says is so small it will have no effect? At any rate I’m happy and loving life again. Thanks for your encouragement! All the best to you! 

Kkplayhouse

May God keep you in his care. Prayers for you Thomas. Amen

Gma_Bernie

Thomas,

You may not read this today or next week, or even next month but eventually you will. I was off the site for several months this winter but I haven't smoked! I have almost 18 months.

I have been hospitalized 3 times because I felt I no longer wanted to live anymore.

I hope that you are availing yourself of the help they are offering. 

I have been so long unstable that this journey of quitting is finally bringing things to a head faster than if I'd continued smoking. I have been living in total anger and sadness. I need the people on this site, including you, to get through the weeks and months of uncertainty and hope. 

Come back when you're ready. You are s strong member of this site.

Bernie