cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

maryp

Going on Day 6 Smoke Free!!

I decided on a whim to quit again. I had quit for almst a year and a half and then encountered a stressful situation and thought that smoking would help me!!! Oh, how wrong I was!!! So, no I am heading into day number 6 of cold turkey. I have never done it this way before. I feel good, having survived the 72 hour mark, but am struggling with the lingering doubts, especialy with a spouse that still smokes. Need the support of this community!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Brian100

Hi Mary

I am five days without smoking - I had quit for 12 years and relapsed because I thought one or two cigs wouldn't matter.  How wrong I was.  I think the issue for me is fear of failing.  When I want to smoke I remind myself that the urge to smoke goes away whether you smoke or not.

0 Kudos
maryp

True, true. We need to remind ourselves that one cig DOES matter. We are nicotine addicts for life, does not matter if we smoke or not!! We can never loose sight of our goal!

0 Kudos
imilacher

tomorrow I HAVE to give it up! I need you advice! let me know how to put up with it!

thanks!

0 Kudos
maryp

You HAVE to live- To breath, to eat, to LIVE. You do NOT need to smoke. That is death, that is the end all of all. You put up with it by your simple desire to live.

0 Kudos
jennibiris2

Great job! It's been 9 days smoke-free!

0 Kudos
msterling999

You are all doing great!  Its been 7 days!  I keep deep breathing hoping to clear my lungs out quicker... I know it sounds silly ... but I trying to be positive!

0 Kudos