cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Going back to smoking places

I used to smoke on the front porch, every single morning, while drinking coffee and doing puzzles. Since I quit, we have cleaned the front porch from end to end, I've washed the cover that goes on the glider, and we've had the screens replaced. The last part was done about 4 weeks ago. But for 84 days, I have not sat on the front porch with the dog to watch the world go by ..... until today.

It's about 68° outside and I wanted to sit on my damned porch with my dog. And so, I did. Mini urges came and went, and after about 5 minutes of communing with the dog, I came inside. But you know what? I survived and didn't really want to smoke. It was more like I was reminded that I used to smoke there. But it's not the same. No ashtray, no ashy mess on my side table, and no cigarette trash everywhere. 

I can't wait till I can sit out there for 10 minutes and beyond.

Another forward step taken.

Donna

Day 84

Tags (1)
12 Replies
elvan

Congratulations DonnaMarie, change that porch into a healthy oasis...sounds like you have cleaned it enough so you can make it look like anything you want!  I am really happy for you.

Ellen

sweetplt

Good you did it Donna...this will be my big test...my back porch...is where I smoked and socialized with everyone...I know I can do it...I want to have make new non smoking memories...~ Colleen

DonnaMarie

What I want to tell myself is I am stronger than urges that may come to me in my former smoking places. We deserve the nature we get out back and on the front porch. I'm not ready to sit either place with a cup of coffee yet, but I'm getting there!

Donna

Day 86