cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pamboyd2u

Goal...STOP SMOKING

I joined Ex in August of 2016.  My start to quit date was September.  As of 2 weeks ago, I had weaned myself down to approximately 3 cigarettes a week.  Big problem..my doctor started me on some medication that made me hallucinate, cry, and become real depressed (not stop smoking medication..so don't the rest of you who are taking medication to stop, get scared).  I became so depressed that I did start smoking again...on a big scale.  Well, I told my doctor I wasn't going to take any more of the medications they prescribed (I wasn't abnormally depressed at all).  In fact, I felt great before I started taking these medications.

Well, to make a long story short,  I am trying to cut down AGAIN.  I WILL NOT GET DISCOURAGED, I am angry, AND I NEED HELP TO QUIT SMOKING AGAIN.  So, here goes!

Tags (1)
12 Replies

Usually, when people get down to around 5, it's time to quit because the receptors put you into a physical withdrawal at tha point but, I don't know how much you're smoking. In any casre cutting down to zero may not be the best idea.

Just be mindful as you go

Johnkelley

Glad you not giving up. Proud of you.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Keep coming back and talk, listen and read. Quitting is not only an end, but a beginning. Support here is tops, so lean in as much as you want to. Yes, you can quit, one day at a time.

0 Kudos