cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TLB66

Getting started

How do i navigate the community area? Need to build up a support system cause lacking in my home. Thank you.

Tags (1)
14 Replies
elvan

Welcome to EX, please read YoungAtHeart‌'s recommendations.  I sort of learned by trying, I read and then commented on blogs, I followed people I found interesting from their writing, you can hover your cursor over the user name and it will give you an option to go to a person's page or to follow them or message them.  I read many blogs and paid attention to what was working for others, I asked for advice and I listened when it was given.

Coming here and posting is a HUGE step.  People will reach out and give you advice and let you know what worked for them.

It helps to have a plan, set a date, and get yourself ready for your quit.  The home support would be nice be we are all willing to be your home support.  We are all willing to listen and to let you know what worked for us or for others...Education about nicotine addiction, support from others, and your own commitment can get you through ANYTHING and I DO mean ANYTHING.  We are all reaching out to help you and we all want you to be successful.

Again, welcome.

Ellen

elvan

Wow, you already pledged...I pledged again just so you would have someone holding your hand...this was posted by Giulia‌ and I know you wondered about DOF...I think you will find this really helpful.  Ellen

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community

Discussion created by Giulia Champion on Oct 14, 2016
Latest reply on May 5, 2018 by Giulia 

Why is abbreviation such a long word? 

6% CLUB = (those who have quit for one year or more)

DDC = DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB (once a member gets to 10 smoke-free days)

DOF = DAYS OF FREEDOM (the number of days absolutely smoke-free)

ELDER = (a member who has over a one-year quit and offers wisdom based on their experience)

"Got your comma" = (you've made 1,000 days smoke free)

HALT = Hungry, Angry Lonely, Tired (Each one of these four physical or emotional conditions, if not taken care of, leaves an individual vulnerable for relapse.)

Heck Week = the second week of a quit

Hell Week = the first week of a quit

KOKO = KEEP ON KEEPING ON

NAD0 = NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE

NEF = NEVER EVER FORGET (how hard it was to quit and that no one wants to start over)

NML = NO MAN'S LAND (Day 30 through approximately 130)

NOPE = NOT ONE PUFF EVER (based on the Law of Addition:  "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictivesubstance."  Yes, even one puff.)

SINAO = SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION

TDC = TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB (Those with 100 days or more smoke free)

QUITITUDE (QUIT TUDE) = a, positive,  can-do attitude toward your quit where YOU take the helm.

QUAD SQUAD = (those who have quit for 1,000 days or more)

TLB66

Well, cool beans Ill try to save this so i won't forget!

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Look forward to hearing from you along the way.

Barb