cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Getting a win out of losing

So this week has been terrible.  I mean everyone has bad days, but this week as been the worst.  Murphy brought the entire family of mayham to my family.  You name it, it happened. Though all of this losses there are a couple of wins out this. One is I enjoyed the fireworks with my family.  Friends of ours invited us to watch the fireworks with them from his job.  We were close enough that we could see the fireworks shooting from the ground, it was awesome.  I really needed a pick me up from the week I was having.  The second win was both of my friends smoke, that fine I have never will had a craving or a desire to smoke after about two years of my quit, but this week temptations was there.  In the end I did not give temptations the satisfaction of lighting another cigarette.  This week may be hell, but it will be hell with out a cigarette.  Win for me.  Life has a way of sucker punching you and waiting to see what you will do.  Yesterday, I stood up and said I will get thought this and with out a smoke.  I must maintain my quit.  

2 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

You are a prime example that there are times that we are vulnerable no matter how long it has been since we smoked. .  However, if we are committed to staying free and stand up for it you will always win.  Good job on maintaining your quit.  Quitting is the easy part protecting it is the work.  Bravo. 

elvan

Good for you...we all have days, weeks, months that seem to be one bad thing after another but smoking doesn't help with anything.  The number of quits I lost in the past thinking that smoking WOULD help make me sick...oh wait, SMOKING made me sick.  

So glad that you enjoyed the 4th and that you posted such a positive message.

Ellen