cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kennyb

Georgia Quitters

I am in Roswell ga and I am looking for locals to help me stop smoking. My wife and family smoke so I can't look to them for support. Please help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
103 Replies
rhydon

Good morning all! Another beautiful day in the mountains! I'm having a salad for breakfast! First time I've done that since I was still in the Marine Corps! I guess I am trying to tell my body it's okay to be healthy! Does that make since? Ah, who cares, it's working for me! I just wanted to shout out and say thanks to you all for the constant support and words of encouragement, as I continue on this journey! Oh, and this is the day I became an EX!    

Let's get together soon! I have some venues here outside of Helen if anyone is interested!

Peace~! Rhydon

0 Kudos
searay

HELLO FRIENDS!!!   I know I haven't been on much but I think about everyone here daily!!!   Just super busy with work and everything else in the world as everyone already knows how busy each and everyone already is.  

I just got 2 contracts singned yesterday evening on 2 different duplex's.   My friend bought 2 of his own also.   Needless to say I will be extremely busy the next several months rehabing those places on top of my corporate "real" job..  HAHA!!    Hope everyone has a great week!!   Not one puff for me!   Thought about it a million times though.  I'm very proud over everyone here!!  Heck,  I'm even proud of myself!!

Steve

0 Kudos
marette1986

Hello everyone!!! Its me...the charlotte but still a ga girl at heart!!!

I sent a message to rhydon about celebrating but I think the whole group should have that theme song!! Wanna hear it? hear it goes!!!

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!!! CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!!! THERE'S A PARTY GOING ON RIGHT HERE...A CELEBRATION TO LAST THROUGHOUT THE YEAR AND BEYOND!!! SO BRING YOUR LAUGHTER AND YOUR GOOD TIME TOO...WE GONNA CELEBRATE THIS PARTY RIGHT...BECAUSE WE ARE NON SMOKERS!!! WE CAN BREATHE!! WE ARE KICKING THIS NICODEMON!!!!  CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES!!! COME ON!!

OK...a very old song and I improvised but that's how I really feel most days!!! Just thought I would share!

everyoneone have a great non smoking week!

Robyn(marette)

0 Kudos
laney4

We have lucky 13 members.  That's wonderful.  I've been busy and not a lot of time for blogging and logging, but I'm here,  My work schedule keeps me almost round the clock 4 days straight and these past 3 days off have been packed with planned events.  I usually have more time during my days off, but you're always on my mind whether logged in or not.  My clock turned over to 28 days this AM but things aren't easier, just more quit days behind me.  I sure don't want to have to redo 28 days so I will continue along this journey with all my EX friends, grabbing support and giving support where I can.  Stay with me!

0 Kudos

You're just at one of those crucial places in your quit Laney. Three to five weeks is always a hard time. You're not really having physical urges only the thoughts keep popping up. You're out of that "Pink Cloud" stage where the enthusiasm really begins & you're settling into a new you. Get to know this new Laney because she is going to surprise everyone at her strength. There are so many things that triggered us to light up & every season brings new triggers. They say a complete year quit & you will have faced all of them but there are things that happen rarely in your life that can trigger also. Sickness, death, changing jobs, relationship troubles & new relationships are just a minute tasting of things that trigger. I was 4 years into my quit & hit an unknown trigger & I about blew it because of it. But I was able to recognize my junkie thinking & you will too after a time. All I can say is perservere sweetie & it will pass. Practice NOPE & come see us when ya can.

0 Kudos
tim30

Day 10!! Wow, I can't beleive it.  Talk about pushing it to the limits, I went to see my son in Asheville this weekend and got stuck in a snowstorm and spent five hours sitting in my truck on the interstate, I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Kind of like what Mike was talking about, one of those things that doesn't happens all the time. Thanks for listenings. Nice song Marette, can't get it out of my head. Rhydon, I was a chef too and retried.

0 Kudos
annie36

Hi. I am Annie and I live in Macon Ga. This is day 3 for me, I am needing support. I want to do this for good!!!!

0 Kudos
marette1986

Welcome Annie!!!  We are all here to support you...Right now it seems really hard but each day it gets a little easier.  There will be days that you def. don' think you can make it,.....but ignore those thoughts...you are making the best decision of your life...you can do this Annie!!! We are all newbies except for Mike...

We are all taking this day by day with one thing resounding in our minds...N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever) and/or Keeping the quit.

Laney is the group leader here...she has the majority of everyone's phone numbers...you can contact us at any time...come to this page to vent...anything...just know we are all to support each other.

You can do this!

Robyn

0 Kudos
marette1986

AND........................  Yay me!!! I am so proud of me!!!! I have made it 30 days!!! and counting!!!

Go robyn Go Robyn!!!

Celebrate good times, come on!!!

And Laney is next  (if anyone else is at 30 days as well..sorry I didn't include you....not sure of everyone's quit dates)

And actually can everyone post their quit date?  That way I/we can recognize the # of days...just an idea!

0 Kudos
laney4

Welcome Annie.  You should find tons of support here on EX, long and short time quitters, all who are going through or have been through, exactly what you are feeling -- an understanding that only us addicts can relate.

Tim, WOW, I can only imagine how stressful that situation would have been for me if I had not been a quitter -- especially if I had been out of cigs.  I see me leaving my vehicle to search for the nearest convenience store and dying of hypothermia before finding one...

Congrats to Robyn on her 30 day milestone quit day.   Whewww, yes, I'm right behind you, along with Stephen (SMP).  Where there's resolve, there's a way and we have done this but have a long way to go before we get there.  Heck, even Mike's isn't really there.  He had a 4 year trigger but thank goodness realized it for what it was and knew N.O.P.E. or I can almost guarantee he would have had to reset his quit clock, and most likely years later, not the day after.

Where are the quit clocks?  I need my quit clock.   I think today is 30 days for me (or is it 29?).  My QD is 1/5/10.

0 Kudos