cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
sarahsigler

Hi everyone i am back at it again trying to quit. my quit date this time is Dec 8,2015. I have slipped just over a year ago when I got the word that my husband had prostate cancer. I am going to work hard to stay on track with it this time.

0 Kudos

I would really love to be a part of this group my quit date is set fo the 24th I am just looking for all the support and advice I can get.  I have stage 3 kidney disease and my blood pressure is through the roof I can do it this time.  What advice do any of you have on over the counter help. 

g.berezuk

Quit date is 9 January 2016.  Will be using Chantix which has worked for me before.  Also plan to keep some nicotine lozenges handy this time to help with cravings early on.  Any thoughts on this approach?
0 Kudos
oregonsmoker

I am using Nicoderm CQ patches and it does help BUT I am still smoking 1/2 cigarette at a time for a total of about 2 a day rather than my usual pack a day.  Been using patches for 1 week and am wondering if anyone else has been craving cigarettes even with the patch.  Drinking water and eating mints and distracting myself with other things.  I tried Chantix but had effects once I stopped taking them.  Went back to smoking quickly after stopping it.

0 Kudos
reeree67

One day at a time. 

0 Kudos
melinda76

I am trying to quit once again. I don't have a good support system so I am coming here for help. I am married with 3 kids but my non smoking  husband refuses to tell me I can't smoke or not buy them when I am out!....lol. I smoke almost a pack a day and my quit date is February 26.I want to quit cold turkey because the non smoking meds don't agree with me. Anyone willing to be my coach , mentor and friend that has free text messages?

0 Kudos
palmguy

3 weeks today no smoking.Amen

deefree

Hello My name is Deirdre and i started to quit 3 days - i have smoked about 3 fags in that time which is huge to me. i normally smoke 20 + a day.

i love the idea of this space.

thanks All 🙂

estelle88

Ok so tomorrow is my quit day :} It has been such a big help to read all this and not feal alone. so im just putting myself out there and any advice or good jokes will help

0 Kudos
xsaffron

I am on day 2 after relapsing. I am pregnant and working to become a former smoker. Happy to be here and comforted that his community exists.

0 Kudos