cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
katheen

Hello Buddysmom.
  My name is Kathleen and I just quit smoking today and boy am I nervious about it but then that is allright too. I just wanted to say a quick hello and ask how did you get the two days without smoking.

Kathleen Tinder
0 Kudos
a.d.

Hey buddysmom, that is awesome on both counts!

Susan, I am doing a lot better. I am now one week smokefree and 2 1/2 alcohol free. I never realized how much smoking was making my life unmanageable, how much power it had over me until I put it down for just a little bit. I started a new job this week at a smokefree facility. I would have been constantly suffering in nicotine withdrawal if I were still smoking. I am still thinking about it a lot but it isn't nearly so overwhelming.

To the just-quitters, I did the same thing, spend a lot of time on here and read a whole lot. Everybody will suggest sites and other things to read. I would find people who you "want what they have," the happy successful quitters, and listen to their suggestions. Welcome. I have found a kind of fellowship here too.
0 Kudos
susan52

Way to go, A.D.! One whole week smoke-free is awesome!! Kathleen- what worked my first few days was to go to the groups (like this one) and read, read and write notes to people. Like A.D. said, you will find people that you lean toward staying in touch with. Also- I would go to the members page, and if I had 2 days, I would welcome those with one day. Keep sharing in the fellowship, like A.D.says.
0 Kudos
katheen

Susan, I blew it I already had three cig today on my first day trying but then there is tomarrow which I plan ontryingagain until I finnally get it even if I smoke just a few a day. Although I want to quit all the way but it may take me awhile.

Kathleen
0 Kudos
katheen

Napper, quit beating yourself up over that thing we do that enough but we can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results is like that sound familer to you because it should sound like something that's said in meetings. I know that I have to quit beating myself up otherwise I can just forget about even trying and I cannot do that at this point in my life. You see I have some health problems so I cannot just give in all the time I have to quit smoking or else die.

Kathleen Tinder
0 Kudos
buddysmom

2 1/2 days in.... God! this feels just like when I quit drinking. Today I am cranky.
0 Kudos
katheen

Yes Napper, insanity is what we call this thing asbout quitting the smoking or at least that's what I call it. I just know that I'm going to church and ask the paster if he can oray over us one more time for this quit smoking. Then maybe it'll work this time. I've been on this rollor coaster for the last four months and it's driving me nuts. We're going grocery shopping this afternoon and that should help because we're broke after that.

Kathleen Tinder
0 Kudos
katheen

Buddysmom, Yes this is alright your going to feel crankey at times whenever we're doing something different. I'm going to church to see if this will help me out maybe I'll hear something that will work for me with this quit. Then we're going grocery shopping so then we'll be broke so we have to quit smoking.K.T.
0 Kudos
katheen

I just wanted to thank everybody this morning for sharring a little about your selves so maybe I;ll get this quitting smoking down and not smoke anymore today because I'm going to church and that should help me out because maybe I'll hear the message that will help me out with this quit.

Kathleen Tinder

P.S. I don't believe in the thing cauld not to let people know my name AND i'M NOT A GOOD SPELLER SO NOW WHAT.
0 Kudos
katheen

A.D. I blew it today I had three cigs and I feel like hell because of it and now I'm back to square on looking back at myself and wondering what to do next. Well I guess get back onthe wagon one more time right.
0 Kudos