cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
jacks1125

I felt the fear and did it anyway!!

0 Kudos
roxie-girl

my biggest fear is how I am going to die, sometimes I fear my husband when calls (even though he is in a nursing home) there are times he yells at me for stupid stuff or gives a guilt trip.just something I want to listen to when I don't feel good.  He doesn't understand why I can't go see him all the time.also fear not being able to walk and like everyone else  bills, money, obama care

0 Kudos
cheryl102

i am afaid i will lose control before i can stop myself

0 Kudos
mrychi

afraid of closeness> friends or 'romance', sabatoge promising new relationships due to fear; afraid of going back to school

fear has a lot to do with not knowing; just do it and learn, right?  But my heart is pounding  😞

0 Kudos

Have you tried reading what you wrote, after you wrote it, to see it for what it really is?

You remember those movies where someone is running and all you see is a great big creature shadow? It's scary with the music and thefear in the character being so clear. Your heart begins to pound and you start to feel the fear with the character as they run from this shadowy creature.

Then, the character falls and the light shows the shadowy creature getting closer and closer, then, finally, you see the shadow right at the edge of the corner where the light is coming from. Remember those movies?

Remember how the scary shadowy creature turned out to be their cat or dog? Or a mouse or some crap like that?!?

Think of this: Fear knocked, Faith answered, No one was there.

Download this free book and read it. It is helping me!

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/6535656/foundation-for-a-successful-quit

0 Kudos

Anybody wanna do a blog? I don't know how to do this one...

0 Kudos
lovetotype

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to create a group where people could come and talk in general about the challenges of quitting, how their day is going, good or bad, or anything you want.  Hope you will become a member and we can all support each other and become friends.  I look forward to getting to know you. 

0 Kudos
bellringer40

Leaving my 38 year smoking history at your door.  Don't worry about feeding it, taking it out to pee, or making sure it has a warm place to stay.  If it runs off and i can't find it when I come back looking for it the you have done your job.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
jacks1125

Yes I'M a quitter and this time ,I'm proud of being a quiter..smoke freedom!!

0 Kudos
susieqw2ca

Hello,

Today is my 1st day to quit smoking. Ive made a plan in advance, done ALOT of research, got the Patch today & have spoken to my Dr. about possibly adding a 2nd medication as I MUST quit.  I have to undergo several back surgeries this year so most surgeons wont operate on a smoker plus my smoking has directly caused some of my back degenerating so quickly.  That reason alone made me decide to quit NOW! Im happy to join your group & will check in with you & others daily!  Good Luck to you!

0 Kudos