cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
michkin

I'm on Day 7 Smoke Free and I'm still scared.  I am not having any physical pangs only emotional ones.  The thing that keeps me from smoking is that after smoking for about 25 years is that I don't want to spend one more dollar to the cigarette companies or to taxes to keep me addicted.  

0 Kudos
mustquit3

I'm pretty much in the same shoes you're in except, the other person in my house does smoke, My quit date is in 5 days and I feel as you do. We just have to be strong and push through the rough spots and end this stinky smoking.  We'll smell better feel better and be proud of ourselves. You'll be fine just drink water and stay busy.

0 Kudos
beverly4

Hi I'm new.  This is my 2nd time quitting.  I blew a 10 yr consecutive no-smoke streak and started up again 2 yrs ago for various reasons (stress, had a boyfriend who smoked then, etc) but I'm tired of it already.  About 4 months ago, I did not smoke for 6 days, but never got past that and I think I need support this time around.  My quit date is April 1 🙂  If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to contact me.

Be blessed,

Beverly

0 Kudos
kathy192

I feel same way happy,nervous, sad and worried I am on chantix and quit Sunday the 17 wow its so time I have smoked 39yrs and I am only 48 how sick is thet!
0 Kudos
gottamove

I am on day 6 quit, I HAD  TO get the nicorette gum because I smoked all the butts I could find and had to change my quit date. The gum helps me alot. Otherwise I'd turn into what I call a cigarette whore. you know go visit people you really don't want to visit just to bum a cigarette. Gah ! I like the mint one. I use 1/2 of the 4 mg=less money over all. I chew about 4 gum 1/2s a day. there are chewed gum balls (ha) all over my house cuz i re- chew them until they are empty. One day at a time. Education has helped alot. Dealing with the issues of my triggers and staying real busy is helping. Yes, avoid the pressure if you can,for me it just made it worse. So I slipped up...just started over. Important thing is....I started over. Be nice to yourself.

0 Kudos
apeysue

Good luck to those of you that have reached your quit day. My prays will be with you in these challenging days ahead. Stay strong. Stay motivated. You can do this! Cast your fears aside and know that will willpower and determination you can accomplish anything. I am still 17 days away and I thought i would try to cut back to get ready, but alas that doesn't seem to be happening. But if I can push you all to be strong, then maybe that will help me to be strong at the end of the day. Good luck to each and every one of you. We can do this! We will do this!

0 Kudos
jbarrios74

hi everyone, its been 5 days since I stopped smoking, and its been really a roller coaster ride so far. I've been on the generic nicotine gum which helps, but after quitting and smoking and quitting again 7 times since January of this year, I am really trying to make this work. I'm glad that i'm not the only one in here having the same struggles with quittig. Either way congratulations everyone.

0 Kudos
jenn82209

Congrats jbarrios- that is awesome! I know that if I can go a week wothout smoking, i can beat this thing. I just need to understand that it is an addiction and if I really put my mind to this it will happen. My friend who smokes 2 packs a day just told me last night that she has quit for 2 weeks now. I am so proud of her. If she can do it, so can I. Again, its just the motivation to keep it up.

0 Kudos
pamelaine123

Congratulations on your decision. I also did not have much of a support system until I joined this site! 

Today is my Day 79!

Thanks to EX! (and the patch)

You can do this!

0 Kudos
luisdeleon619

been 59 days without cigarettes. Beautiful outside today Friday 22 13 1:44pm doing ok . 

Been 7 days without nicotine patch 
0 Kudos