cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
yesquit

i'm tracking my cigarettes preparing to quit.

0 Kudos
ginger7

Milkshakes. Definitely milkshakes. Chocolate for me, please.

0 Kudos
vickyjean

Hi everyone am nervous about quiting i have smoked since i was 14 yrs old and am turning 59 in a couple months, smoking has become a part of my life that i just dont know how to do without, i have cut them back and going as long as i can between smokes each day but i know this isnt enough i need to quit, doctor told me that i have some rattling in my chest and believes i am getting emphysema, i watched my grandmother struggle with breathing and i dont want that besides i have a wonderful supportive husband, & 13 beautiful grandkids and my own children i want to be around for,i remember i use to have such will power i would put my mind to something and do it, but over the past few years with suffering knee problems & RA, i just dont seem to have it in me. i figured if i part of a support group i would be able to quit. my doctor is fighting with the insurance company at present trying to get them to cover chantix for me, as i have tried the patch & loznges with not much luck. my quit date is set for sept. 30th i hope i can do this as its getting harder to get things done in my life, with being winded at the littlest task. needing all the help & support i can get as i try to quit my stomach is just feeling awful i hate that feeling i guess withdrawls? feels like someone is in there tearing up my stomach dont know how else to explain it. thank you for listening  

0 Kudos
navyvetib

I am starting over. I have set a new quit date. This is a rough road. I think the name quite aprropos. This has been hell on my family and I. I was quit for over a month and picked back up. I want to kick myself in the ass. This must be hell, for certain.

0 Kudos

I have been smoking since about 16 or 17 and I am 32 now,  I feel I am ready to quit and I figured this is the best support group to help me through it all.  Everytime I do something i have to have an end goal, something I can see.  So I have decided to keep my wife in the dark of me quitting until Christmas time.  I plan on saving every box of cigs she buys me (unopened) with a card inside the gift that says I quit and I have been smokr free for XX amount of days.  The end goal I guess is to see the look on her face at Christmas.  I have had my last one for the day at 430ish pm.  It is now almost 11 pm.  I am doing good but it is going to be tough.  It is going to be hard I know there are smokers at work, but they are all going to support me in my decision.  I hope I can get all of your support as well.  I may need all I can get. 

0 Kudos

THATS GONNA BE A GREAT XMAS PRESENT

0 Kudos
julia7

yep some say just stop

well heck if it was that easy I would have done it already

I know at least for me cigs have always been there when others not so much

so guess I'm a bit crazy too

0 Kudos

your not crazy julia, just an addict like everyone else here. try reading Allen Carr's book "The Easy Way To Quit Smoking" There's a free online download.

I've always been a rebel, but facts are facts and the chemicals and drug in cigs take away from creativity, make you more insecure, more nervous..... the only time they feel good is because you're relieving the withdrawal pangs by taking more of the drug. 

You say you don't want to be told what to do, but cigarettes own your ass, just like they use to own mine. 

0 Kudos
ma2bug

Had to join- love the name of this group- I will break my cycles!

0 Kudos
ndudkowski

Today is day 3 for me.   I keep looking for something.  It's like I am always forgetting something.  I guess what I am looking for is to smoke. Other than that, I feel great and I am so happy I made it this far

0 Kudos