cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tina26

General Support

hi tam, I was thinking that the steps will be a big part of my program...stubborn is my middle name
0 Kudos
536 Replies
raven11

Hello everyone. I just made the decision to quit a few days ago, joined the site yesterday, and this group a few minutes ago. There is so much to read, that I'll be busy for a little while at least lol. My quit date is May 23rd, but I'll just be in the beginning of my vacation so might push my quit date up some. 

I'm ready to quit, but a little nervous at the same time. My husband bought me an electronic cigarette, and when I get paid I'm going to buy some lozenges. I just hope that I have the willpower to go through with quitting this time. I have said that I was going to quit in the past, but backed out the day before...Not this time!!!

0 Kudos

I don't want to gain weight. I watch my siblings who have stopped and stayed stopped and it freaks me out! Obesity reigns in our genes and being that smoking is an oral fixation I'm scared as heck. I'm sure I'll hear, "Work out, eat right, etc..." I know all these things to be true contributors to keeping your weight down however, giving up something that has been a part of my life for over 35 years is tremendous. Thanks for letting me share.

0 Kudos
suzee

I don't really know how to use this site yet, so I am copying my profile info.  I'm a 49 year old, (soon to turn the BIG 50!) I've been smoking since I was 42. (The old addiction replacement phenomenon. . .) Well, I've been blessed to achieve freedom from a couple of addictions and, now it's time to release this one as well! I've quit before, but only for a couple of months at a time. This is my first honest/ernest try. These are my reasons: I'm sick of smelling like smoke. I know I am a bad example for my kids. It is bad for my health, and will most likely shorten my lifespan. iT GROWS WRINKLES!!! It yellows my teeth. It's an embarassing habit. (I'm an RN. . . "I should know better!") When I'm not smoking, my husband is not smoking and I want THE VERY BEST for him, he's my best friend. I'm sure there are more reasons, but this is a good start. I've set my quit date for May 11. I start an exciting new job on the 21st and this is part of my 'transformation."  Suzee   PS How do I get "friends?"

0 Kudos
nancy118

May 7th is quit day. I need help!!!   Nancy

0 Kudos
lindapul

I smoke one first thing in the morning. I use to get up and be happy about my day. It seems I haave nothing to be happy about. anymore . My life ain't that bad. just can't seem to find happiness init anymore for myself. Help Help Help!

0 Kudos
deanf

The last attempt to try was when I had my heart attack in Jan of 2012. I know it was a wake up call from hell. I went 2 months without so much as a craving. But sitting around the house out of work during my convelesence was driving me nuts. So i puffed again. I want to do it agan but I almost feel as though I am giving up the one thing I can depend on.

Wierd eh?

0 Kudos
nino2

help!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
tigress

Well, we will see how this goes.  I hope I can help.  I stopped smoking May10,2009.  I smoked for 47 years.  So it has not been easy.  

0 Kudos
briankotarski

Step 3 may include Milkshakes, but we're not certain yet. More research is required. 

0 Kudos
doc9

doc again--

so nervous i misspelled weight! sorry about that.

0 Kudos