cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

andrew11

Frustrating!!!!!!

So recently I have just quit smoking.3 days recent.. I am doing well, however I sure the quitters out there know the mood swings. I have a partner who I love to death and there are times that I just snap at him for no reason! I know its not me to snap like that. So when he questions me about it, I say babe you know its because I am going through withdrawls.. Is that really an excuse? Is there anyway I can handle myself so I don't snap! and for you quitters out there how long do these mood swings last? Becuase I feel horrible! Not to mention I have been super confused since quitting and being on the chantix and I told my employee yesterday to Shut the F up. and had no recolection of it today.I mean this isn't normal. Thanks Drew
0 Kudos
5 Replies
barbara42

i only stayed on the CHANTIX for 32 days because it did what it was supposed to do about the smoking but i did feel funny so i just stopped the CHANTIX and went cold turkey from there i have 73 days of not smoking and i still have some mood swings that i am trying to deal with, after this long a time, i think that it is just me, but i really do not know, maybe some one else can tell us peace!
0 Kudos
edith2

Drew darling, you are going to laugh about this in the future. You are right where you're supposed to be. Each person's withdrawals is as individual as they are. As long as you don't kill anyone, you will survive this. No one has ever died from withdrawals, only ones that don't quit. This insane part you're going through is temporary! Now you understand what women go through EVERY month! hahahahaha! But seriously, I'm sure your partner understands and takes your snapping like water on a duck. Your body is healing! After this "Exorcist" phase is over, you'll start feeling better than you have in years. Just hang in there and don't beat yourself up so much! You're gonna get through this.
0 Kudos
edith2

Drew darling, you are going to laugh about this in the future. You are right where you're supposed to be. Each person's withdrawals is as individual as they are. As long as you don't kill anyone, you will survive this. No one has ever died from withdrawals, only ones that don't quit. This insane part you're going through is temporary! Now you understand what women go through EVERY month! hahahahaha! But seriously, I'm sure your partner understands and takes your snapping like water on a duck. Your body is healing! After this "Exorcist" phase is over, you'll start feeling better than you have in years. Just hang in there and don't beat yourself up so much! You're gonna get through this.
0 Kudos
jennie3

What did you do every time somthing bothed you ? You smoked, now all these raw emotions are coming out yes in the begining you do feel foggy, mean or grumpy.It will pass quitting has given me confidance to do many things I was afaraid of doing in the past I feel great you will too ! Stay strong and positve you are doing great!
0 Kudos
rj_

Andrew, I will say there are mood swings involved in nicotine withdrawl, the physical removal of nicotine takes place during the first 72 hours after the last dose of nicotine is administered, after that it becomes a mental challenge.

My wife and I quit the same morning, and on the third day on my way to work I convinced myself the only reason I had been able to tolorate her for 24 years was because I had cigarettes to calm me down, and that since I was not going back to smoking I would need to file for a divorce. Lucky for me I figured out that was just junkie thinking, we just celebrated our 25th annaversary smoke free.

I cannont answer to the chantex questions but am attaching some files you should take time to read.

RJ..Free at Last 361 days after 32+yrs of feeding the addiction 2-4 packs/day, saving 50 days of life and $3298.19, by choosing not to inhail 14,442 death sticks one day at a time. NTAP NOPE
0 Kudos