cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

les

For all you pokers out there...I'm grateful that...

...I don't have to run around a forum policing everyone's activities and deleting groups that don't correlate with my agenda.

The "Poking not Smoking" group was the best one on this site. It was fun, humorous, and harmless. I don't know what happened to it, other than what happens to ALL the fun groups and discussions on here. Oh, that's right...we have to be SERIOUS about quitting. Poking fun at ourselves...well, we just can't have that!

I think we need some new administrators who can objectively make determinations about what stays and WHO goes.

If we are going to start deleting groups because they might be offensive to some, then we might as well delete them all. I promise I can find SOMETHING offensive about each one.
0 Kudos
23 Replies
carlie

Connie - I really gotta laugh at Frankie and you...it's SO simple, isn't it?? If there's a show on TV that I don't like, it's called "Hand me the remote"!!!

The problem now is...groups and blogs are being deleted...comments are being deleted...and it has gone beyond being "fair" anymore. If this site doesn't get straightened out and soon, we will be losing more and more people.

Les - knock it off with the quitting here thing...you are close to 2 months, and you help SO many people here !!! xo
0 Kudos
jen-x

I wouldn't have thought it possible but it both sucks AND blows!
0 Kudos
jim23

I am new to theis site and I think it is great and will be very useful in my endeavor to become smoke free. i do agree that censorship is not a legitimate tool to stop what some may see as not appropriate. However let them make their point and most of us with common sense will just ignore them. I strongly feel that humour is a neccessity to quiting smoking. I always try to have fun, laugh at myself and be honest everywhere I chat, whether it be in chatrooms or messenger.
Take care
Jim
0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Okay, folks, this discussion is closed. Lets focus on our quits! Have you identified your triggers? If not, check out this page on the EX Plan: http://www.becomeanex.org/#relearn_habit/whatistrigger/1
EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos