cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

adrian3

Fishing Lovers Quitters

I would love to join this group because I love to fish and I could get help trying to quit smoking.This may bea dream come true for me.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
42 Replies
dsantos120

Thank v-mike.  Working on my triggers.  Good luck Joe.

0 Kudos
pig_brotha

vmike, joe, dsantos120, kevheads,

We may be the last ones standing or fishing for that matter in the Bassmaster group. I hope you guys are getting it done on the quit. PB is having his ups and downs but I’m charging the batteries tonight & I’m hitting the lake in the morning.

Spent the afternoon building weird lures out of sheer boredom. Ever heard of a Spinner Tube? I built a Chatter Grub and a Beetle Jig and a Colorado blade fluke. Dr. Frankenstein ain’t got nothing on the Pig. I’m determined to show ‘em something they have never seen! Sounds weird but I didn’t smoke today so there is some value in a demented lure development session.

Tight Lines,

Pig Brotha

0 Kudos
pig_brotha

I decided that I’m going to pursue a career as a weather man because they obviously don’t have to know squat about their jobs and they still get paid. What was supposed to be a 60 degree day with light winds from WNW turned out to be a 45 degree day with a howling wind straight out of the north. Spent more time trying to find a wind break than fish. Water temp never got over 40 and all the fish were at 75’ plus. Gave up early and came home. I’m probably pushing the season a little too hard. At least I got out and took in some fresh air!

PB- 0

Fish- 0

Cigs- 0

Tight Lines, PB

0 Kudos
kevheads

I'm still hang in here at Day 30. Hard time last night and today, a girl I've worked with and hung around with for 10 yrs. had a major stroke last night out of the blue. Went to see her today in the hospital,she's on life support, waiting for her family to come from Iowa. Life is short and can change in an instant. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.

0 Kudos
beawinner

I KNOW THIS CAN BE DONE....PATIENCE HAS NOTHING TO WITH SMOKING, FISHING DOES !  I HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED UP TO ZELL AS A HERO IN THE FISHING ARENA. IF HE CAN DOIT' SO CAN I, BY THE WAY HOW ARE YOU MAKING IT ZELL?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bassmasters videos of Kevin and Zell have been posted. Check them out! http://www.becomeanex.org/bassmaster.php

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
jonny5

I'm new here. my quit date is feb 22. I love to fish but have always paired fishing and smoking. It seems that whenever I'm not catching anything the bass hit when i'm in the process of lightin up. I'm under weight(a problem most people wish they had but I'm struggling with) so i think i have to take snacks out on the water with me. Any advice I'm willing to take (fishing or quiting)

0 Kudos
ncprogrammer

hello everyone

I am new and i had just got it in my mind tonight to quit once and for all, i always say i am going to this year and it never happens.

I got it in my mind to quit and i am starting with today. It is great to see alot of guys on here that like to fish. Me and the wife made a deal that if i quit i can buy a boat since we would need the money that i would save from not smoking and put it towards a boat. The main reason is for myself and my family. They mean the most to me and i want to be around for a long time so that they will not be without a husband or a father. I am just going to try cold turkey this time and see if it works for me.

My mother did it and so did my grandpa and he smoked for about 55 years. i will need your guys help to make it happen and i am here to help in any way i can as well.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos

i am trying to quit I have been a member of the colorado bass federation state team twice and when i fish i smoke like a chimeney trying to do what i can at 40 there is still ice on the lakes so i set a quit date of march 1st haha help me kevin wirth help me tom cruse but the witch craft on me haha little ricky bobby if we cant laugh at all this whats it worth!!!

0 Kudos
v-mike

ok fishin fans,i went out last night with two of my closest fishing buddies.the tide was ok ,the temperature was decent(finally)one of 'em was smokin a cigar,the other was poundin on marlboro and miller lights,and i was chewin away on beef jerky(my new vice)

cigar guy=1 trout(tiny)

marlboro man=0 fish

vmike=2 beautiful tournament sized redfish

both of them agreed it was a good day to be me.  still not smoking at 62 days

mike

0 Kudos