cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

noknowing

First two days

Jump to solution

After a series of dumb choices and not reaching out I’m back at day one. My trouble comes at day two.  I’m open to any and all ideas - how the heck did you get through day one and day two? I’m open to ANYTHING

23 Replies
Mandolinrain

Prayer, this site...using it a lot by reading it a lot and Vicks Vapor Rub. Little under the nose helps chase away craves

JACKIE1-25-15

By making a commitment to myself that I would not touch another cigarette.  I vowed never to ever put them in my hand, to begin with.  I will not put one to my lips, I will not let one touch my tongue, no smoke in my lungs.  I vowed that no matter what was happening in my life I would not use it as and EXcuse to smoke. NOPE not one puff ever.  I am determined never ever to forget and go back to day one. I relearned my thinking and programming my brain that I did not need to smoke through self-talk and education.  With the support here how could I fail? 

JACKIE1-25-15

BTW have you gotten rid of all smoking paraphernalia?

0 Kudos
karenjones

I tried to sleep as much as I could on days one , two and three. I am now on day 57. Really happy about that. Keep on trying. Never stop trying. you can do it.