cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

noknowing

First thirty days

Hi all!

been chugging along and feeling grateful gettin through this month. Had some rough days and wanted to get feedback on how you all feel/felt in first thirty days. I have alternated between joy/ depression/ anxiety. Anxiety like an elephant sitting on my chest and not able to leave the house. Depression like almost missing work. And joy like I am on top of the whole world! I’m bipolar and also have a couple of other things I’ve recovered from- but was wondering if anyone could relate? The extremes are so intense ! 

Also so has anyone recovered from smoking and another addiction and had the other addiction become enticing whilst quitting smoking? 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
elvan

sarahc-031018   Congratulations on three months.  My husband is a recovering alcoholic who has not had a drink in over 33 years...he spent a LOT of time in AA meetings getting support and talking things out.  Craving a drink with that kind of power is what is called "Stinkin' thinkin'" and he really needs support...I know there is support for recovering alcoholics on line.  My husband did not quit smoking for five years after he quit drinking and his smoking quit was MUCH less intense for him or it certainly seemed that way to me. You sound like you are really doing well...remember that this is a journey...it only takes one puff to be back at the beginning. We are here for you...remember that, every one of us want you to be successful.  It DOES get easier.

Ellen