cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniela2016

First morning cup of coffee, no Nicotine

Instead of buying 0 Nicotine juice, I chose to not puff the e-cig his morning!  And went for a walk. For about 20 min during the walk my heart was beating really fast, but I pushed through, noticed how I felt, and kept walking. It eventually passed.  Do you know the "Joy chorus" from Aida by Verdi?  I was singing it, or at least attempted to sing it...the street was empty at 5:30 am, and I did not care!

I know there is more to learn, and do, and live, but I am ready for it!

Coud today really be my first day of freedom???

11 Replies
Daniela2016

Yes to all you have to say!  You have been through it, you know it, all I have to do is listen...

I did it today, no e-cig at all, about 4-5 cravings, walked throug 2 of them (8.4 miles...), used orange flavored gum while at the store (why would the craving hit me in a grocery store, I never smoked there???), and had some sweets I made (not so good for the weight but so delicious), and lots of cold water.

Now, I am not done reading Allen's book, I have not reached my official quit day, but with not one cigarette since 3/11, and just the occasional e-cig, what is my real, true, Quit Day???

I really used the e-cig as NRT, can I count 3/11 as my quit day, pretty please?  Need to build the non-smoker confidence, believe in myself, and embrace the joy of having left my old " boyfriend" behind, and never turned my head.

Later tonight I'll write him the Good Bye letter, and boy, do I have a lot to say!

Have a wonderful week, man, what a change you all prompted in me, Thank you for that!!!

Daniela

carolynt

When I decided to quit I started cutting down.  Told myself I would only smoke 10 a day and after 2 to3 days went to 8.  I continued this until I was down to 4 a day and found through this that sometimes I didn't want that last half for the day.  When it was time for 2 a day I was ready to just say "stop this".  I think tapering was a big part of my quitting.  It also helped me break a lot of the habits of picking up a cigarette every time the phone rang or every time I walked out on our deck.  So once some of those habit had started to go away the rest was much easier... I also wrote myself a big not and but it on my refrigerator.  It said, SMOKING IS A CHOICE AND I CHOOSE NOT TO SMOKE TODAY.  This stayed on my refrigerator for several months until I knew that I knew that I knew!  Good luck and God bless you!