cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tracyjhi

First Time On Here

This is my first day on here.  Day 3 of giving up cigarettes.  My favorite thing to do has always been getting in my car and smoking while I drive.  I miss that a lot but this morning, I got in my car and realized how TERRIBLE it smells in there.  OMG it made me sick.... I know that I can do it this time.  I have tried before and failed miserably but this time, I feel inner strength and have mentioned to my loved ones that I need support and motivation.  I also feel like I need to give up drinking too because when I drink I smoke ALOT.  I guess that in order to change myself, I have to change my life too..... It will be worth it in the end though.  I have started a "money jar" that I am putting in $5 per day (since that it what I spent anyway) and I am going to go somewhere fun this summer to spend it to reward myself.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
johnnyo

Hi everyone first time on quit on April 5th. I think some help from others also quitting will help me stay off of the cigs.  I'm 57 and been smoking since 16 really need to quit.

0 Kudos
kiddsgirl01

Ok, first timer here too...quit when I got pregnant with my son 9 years ago and kept off them until I stopped breast feeding him, then started back slowly.  I still only smoke an average of 4 cigs a day,(more when I am around other people who smoke) which some people say doesnt make me a smoker at all, but my husband and I are planning our second child later this year and I want to stop before I get pregnant..also, health insurance costs are lower for a non smoker.  I can go all day without one, but my "down time" (driving, sitting outside) is what gets me sometimes.  I havent tried to quit before but figured might as well start planning now.  I dont smoke in the house because of my son and my husband does not smoke.  I know I have a lot of support and dont think it will be too hard, but I want to be realistic too.

0 Kudos
angel43

This is a group of really helpful people- just have to say.  I started smoking when I was 14- 24 yrs ago. This is my first time on here- 4th time to try to quit.  did quit twice when I was pregnant with my children- started right back though.  2 weeks ago I got bronchitis, moved into pnemonia a week ago!  still can not breathe right and that is making me very mad.  I just missed a week of work cuz I can't breathe!  Ridiculous!  I wish us all luck, patience and support .  Thank you all for sharing your stories and supportive words, helps me get ready for what I fear is going to be the fight of (and for) my LIFE! 

0 Kudos
amandae

I am 22 started smoking at 15, I have been smoke free now for 31.5 Hours.. I have quit cold turkey but for once I actually want to quit, it is definitly the biggest challange I have ever had.. and I am just focusing on my work and trying to slim down for the summer.. Wish me luck and good luch to all of you going through this HUGE struggle

0 Kudos