Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lightsmoke

February Quitters

I'm going to try to  figure out ALL of my triggers

Tags (1)
408 Replies
jimer

Did all the February quitters move on to March?  I didn't know but I sort of felt like this was our group since we quit in February and would be going thru the same things and ah heck.... just trying to say i miss you all!

0 Kudos
awwc

I'm here.  My chips are still in the middle of the table. 8 )

Today was tough though.  I've had a sever case of anxiety all day. And the crappy thing is I can't conclude as to what or why that is.  That's troublesome.

So of course I have the mental games "oh..wouldn't it be swell to sit on the porch and contemplate over a cig and lose yourself into the sunset.."

Nope.

0 Kudos
jimer

So.. how are all of the February quitters out there?  I have made it 45 days and am thrilled.  Each day is a challenge and some more than others.  But it is good also, yah know?  To be able to say yes I can do it!  And know I am.  Everyone at work says if Kellie can do it anyone can.  As I was probably one of the worst.  So far three have quit at work.  It is motivating.  Have a good week.  Until next time.  Breathe gentle.

0 Kudos
viv2

Jimmer, I had asked the same thing about Feb ending, and for the samereason, I was comfy with "our" group. I don't know why we can't continue, even if it's only the two of us.  Keep on keeping on   yea to us    

awwc...I know where you are coming from. the down  relaxing times are what are the hardest for me. I really miss my front porch swing, but can't go there as that was where I always smoked. Not sure which I miss the most right now. But I did finally get back to enjoying my coffee.    yes we will do it    viv

0 Kudos
va72lady

Hi February quitters I quit 2 04 10     ....41  days and ccounting..loving it..   Smokefree Shirley

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

Good to see everyone.We can keep talking in here of course.it just so nice to see the class of  Feb 2010.To me those first few days were so critical and this group helped a lot.Warm hello to: sunny sandyd,awwc,Va72Lady.Jimer and  Viv

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

Hey Viv Hey Kellie and hello all,It is day 41,just turned.It has been a heck of a week.Went to the "pack it in group".It is helpful,but last night I hadda tell them how long I was quit.There's 15 ppl and 2 others have quit,they are all supposed to quit this week.I am there to soak up every bit of knowledge this lady has.(she has a masters in smoking cessation) .This was my plan..in a way it is humbling...I often judge myself harshly..I wonder if others in the group think its silly for  someone to go to a quit place when they are already quit.But I am willing to be shameless about my quit.I am signing up for another one of these that starts in April too.It is close to my house.I live alone and my family is far away,I get to see them once a week.it helps to keep me accountable to go to these things. Traveling 2morrow will miss the board and Saturday a smoking friend is stopping by,she already know about the fire escape smoking area.I worry that seeing her may be a trigger.Now that my lungs are clearer...well Have I turned into a bag of wind??? warm Regards to all exers Moe

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

hey where did everyone go?Ok,well someone will show up here eventually.....creepy..my power just blinked.something to do with cable.It is day 42.and i had to travel a lot today and be without the board.i think this quit will stick.I have put on over 10 pounds,my skin is a mess and if I want to walk long distances or ever wear girl-type shoes a trip to the orthopedist is in order.But as far as the weight and the skin the caretaker in me want to fix em so smokers who know me won't be scared to quit and get weight gain and a skin problem.But I know realistically the weight will be a battle,like it always has been but it is resolvable.Emphysema is not resolvablable.I think this quit will stick because smokes are not an option.IF NOT Now When?

0 Kudos
jeanie4

Hello everyone!  I quit 2/27/10.  Today (Saturday) is my 3rd weekend without smokes.  Yeah me.  I live in MN and all the bars and restaurants are all non-smoking.  So I look forward to Sat. nites going out with the money I saved during the week.  I was a pack-1/2 per day smoker, so I have a few bucks for going out.  It's great!

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

Hey Jeanie,Nice  see you.congrats on 3 WEEks quit.I am looking forward to the day when its not on my mind.I went out to eat with family Friday and did not think of a smoke the whole time we were in there.The obsession leaves me alone a lot more.

0 Kudos