Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lightsmoke

February Quitters

I'm going to try to  figure out ALL of my triggers

Tags (1)
408 Replies
miriam4

February 11th is a really strong day to quit, if anyone is quitting Feb.11th, its World Healing Day. 

0 Kudos
melodee09

Thanks everyone, yea I am glad to say 7. I am proud of myself, and everyone else that has decided to quit this filthy and unhealthy habit. Be strong everyone it will get better. I noticed alot of people say they are having trouble sleeping, I have done fine until last night and i was up every hour, that's so weird. Anyway watching AFHV with my son, then heading to bed. Have a good evening all. Day 8 here i come!!!!!!

0 Kudos
want2quit7

I've set February 8th as my quitting date. Man, I really wish I can do this cold turkey.

0 Kudos
kancan13

I have been using the site for a few months and just had to reset my quit date from Feb 1st to Feb 28th. I've never used 'The Community' before and I figured I would give it a try since I basically have NO REAL support around me. I am disabled-diagnosed w/ Lou Gehrig's Disease, diabetes, life long asthma and now COPD. I am 36 and live alone with my two heaven-sent dogs, Koty & Baxter who keep me getting out of bed everyday and fighting to beat my death sentence of Lou Gehrig's Disease. ( I've already beaten three "6 months or less to live" prognoses since 2002!!!) My 55 yr old sister gets paid by UCP to take care of me 40hrs a week and since I have been mostly homebound for the past 5 yrs she and my 23 yr old nephew are pretty much who I see on a regular basis. They both smoke and don't want to quit. Actually all 5 of my siblings smoke even though we lost our 46 yr old sister to respiratory complications of Lymphoma in 2001 and our mother died on Memorial Day of 2007 after suffering horribly from complications of severe longterm atherosclerosis caused by her smoking non filter cigarettes from age 12 until she died at age 70. I NEED SUPPORT!!! Even though none of us smokes inside....we have all 3 (my sister sho takes care of me, my sister who died's don and I) always smoked outside together when we took the dogs outside and it has always been a time when we talked and spent time together...even in the winter, although we go in as soon as the dogs have done their business and we are done w/ one cig now that it is so cold. They won't stop smoking around me so I have to stay inside to seperate myself from the temptation.

0 Kudos
kourtney

Hello.

I just became a member of this site today, and tomorrow(feb 8th) is my quit date. I am somewhat nervous, but I am sure that is to be expected? I wanted to wish everyone luck!

0 Kudos
rhondahon

Totally blew my quit. I have now reset my quit date to March 7, 2010. I wish everyone well with their quit. I hope my next is the lasty.

0 Kudos
viv2

Mary, please resend the photos

0 Kudos
MoeUnfiltered

Thanks Viv ,Melodee09 and Mary for responding to my "will I be the same person?" post.

I am at hour 70 or 2 days plus 22 hours.Today was rough but got better.

I am praying for my sense of humor to come back

0 Kudos
chicone

Moe - Yes you will get it back!!  I'm glad today got better than what it started.  Congrats on day 3!!! 

Kourtney - Welcome!!!  I hope today went well for you!!!

Want2Quit - I hope today went well for you too!!!

Kancan - I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.  Good luck on the 28th... or sooner if you want.

0 Kudos
viv2

Hi everyone, today has been a great day, I'm cutting back a lot without even thinking about it.

We will   NOT  be those people who look down on others who smoke

0 Kudos