Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lightsmoke

February Quitters

I'm going to try to  figure out ALL of my triggers

Tags (1)
408 Replies
ozzie

shoot.. hit the enter key before I was done.  I have quit twice before.  I need to do it this time.  Nervous but I need to so this.  My girlfriend smokes too but is prepared to help me.  Feb 5th is my date and I am nervous but it is time.  Going to choose a place and a time every day until the 5th that I cannot smoke and practice being a non-smoker.  Really hoping this website is the extra help I need.

0 Kudos
sheri10

Quit date of Feb 11--my best dad's birthday.  Hopefully I can quit before then but I don't know...I hope you all realize how courageous and strong you are for quitting.  An addiction is an addiction--regardless of what it is--so pat yourselves on the back!!  It's never easy but it is so worth it.  There are some great groups on this site to help and to make you smile.  I live in a very, very small community in Walton County, FL but if anyone needs support or encouragement, just let me know.

0 Kudos
bigdoglaney

I am tired of smoking my life away, I hopeI can quit, I"ve been smoking since I was 16!

But I love smoking, Its relaxes me, afraid I will sub something else for cigs, like...

my son quit smoking, and now he drinks like a Fish, If I could only talk to him about it, but he's

grown now with a wife and a 3 year old, plus how can I say any thing? And to top it all I have

a 12 year old and a 14 year old, they don't live with me but there very aware of everything Ido!

0 Kudos
debrianna

February 22, is my quit date and will succeed!

0 Kudos
trish3

Quitting February 10th.  This has to be the last time!  Ready to smell good and feel good again!

0 Kudos
erika7

Quiting Feb 1, & the count down to feeling better, smelling better and growing my savings account begins one week from today.  I'm still absolutely terrified I'm not going to make it this time, but since I have a plan in place (checks & balances, plus rewards setup at regular intervals - this is where the savings account comes in) and I've let those people whose opinions I trust and value know, I'm really hoping it will be for good. Wish me luck!

0 Kudos

Anyone near Myrtle Beach, SC?  My quit date is Feb 8th.... I would love a mentor or a walking buddy!!  Thanks and best wishes for all of us~

0 Kudos
shinyponytail

It's been a week since I last posted.  I was already trying to sabatoge my own intentions!  I can't wait to quit Valentine's Day.  I can't stand the price of cigarettes, the looks I get from people in public, the new paper they use is burning the crap out of me!  It can't be worth it.  I love the smell of cigarettes, the relaxation I feel(if my cigarette paper isn't going haywire), and the fact that my beer is so much more enjoyable with smokes.   I guess I'm trying to say...I'm so torn.  I know that I want to quit.  I know I don't have a lot of faith in myself to do this successfully, so that's why I am using this site as my touchtone.  It is going to keep me in check.  I think that's why I didn't post for awhile...I felt peer pressure to be all upbeat about quitting.  Yes, I want to quit more than anything, but I'm not upbeat.  I'm scared, frustrated, and insecure, all with an undertone of hope!  I HOPE that by Valentine's Day I will have a better handle on accepting the fact that I am letting go of what has been almost like a best friend to me for 21 years.  Sorry if my honesty is confusing, but I guess that's how one comes across when they are sitting on a very high fence and knows that no matter which side they choose, the fall's gonna hurt!=)

0 Kudos
rjk

Quiting Feb 14th was 1 1/2 packs a day down to one pack now, an still cutting back every day. it's only been 40 years.

thought it was cool way back when. not so now 

0 Kudos
redpenny

I plan on quiting on Feb. 10   I truly hope that I can do this for myself. I have been lighting up for 40 years.

0 Kudos