cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

pattyveesaert

Feb: What's Your Quit Date?

My quit date is February 1, 2019.  I'll do some mini quits within the next few weeks though.  What had worked before, was the nicotine gum and just having the attitude of being a nonsmoker, and keeping busy.

Tags (1)
24 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

pattyveesaert‌ Looks like your quit date is hiding now . Can you logout of the community and back in and see if it puts it back on the community? 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
tmg1026

My quit date is February 1 as well. I've smoked on and off since I was 11 and I am finally ready to make my quit permanent! Glad to know that there's another person who will be starting their journey the same day as me! We can do this!!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

tmg1026‌ Congrats! How are things?

tayokay‌ You're at 24 days of freedom!  Keep it up!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
tayokay

My quit date is also 2/1/19!  Good to find a tribe.  Lungs have never felt better, and while the first week felt like torture, I know I’m finally being true to myself.  Keep it up!!

Deb0220

My quit date is Feb. 18. I started wearing the patch today as that is the one thing that helped me before, when I went the longest without vaping- four weeks. I already feel stronger knowing I have a place I can go to for support! 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Deb0220 wrote:

My quit date is Feb. 18. I started wearing the patch today as that is the one thing that helped me before, when I went the longest without vaping- four weeks. I already feel stronger knowing I have a place I can go to for support! 

That's great to hear!

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

We'll still be here to celebrate with you on the 18th.

Barb

Deb0220

Barb;It was supposed to be the 18th,but I misplaced my vape and decided this was the great spirit moving me to do this sooner; I have not had a puff and am jumping out of my skin. My son said he is concerned that I am so stressed out I am going to implode. On the other hand, I thought why buy another one? I just feel like I need to be on an island away from all humans for the next week if I even last. -deb

Barbscloud

That's fabulous.  Not purchasing anymore was a good decision.  Did you create a quit plan with tools to use?   Deep breathing and walking helps a lot.   Stay close and reach out if you need help.  Big congrats.

Here's how to change your quit date:   https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/message/209372-re-how-do-i-change-my-quit-date?commentID=209372?s... 

Barb

jdquits2020

My quit date is February 13, 2020. The 10 year mark from when I first started. I have started using the patch on 2/8/2020, which has eliminated physical cravings. I still have habit cravings though, and I'm using the days up until my official quit date to identify triggers and how to figure out how cope with those triggers. Right now, I'm down to 5 or 6 cigarettes a day. Before I was using the patch I was at a 1 1/4 packs a day.