cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

manofsteele

Favorite Moonbug Jean Stories ...

Please Open Up New Discussions and Let Us Know Your ...

Favorite Moonbug Jean Stories ...
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
claudia6

I didnt see this before...this brought tears to my eyes!! Well I dont have one particuliar story...but I have to say this....what a fire cracker Jean was. Everytime I was creating a ruckus on the SA site she would PM me and tell me...you give them hell kiddo!!
Jean was instrumental in my quit too..I remember when I saw her pic with tubes in her nose...I was so sad for her....and scared for me...I had asthma as a child and I knew what it felt like to struggle to breath and I felt so bad for her because it got to that point for her.

It was strange...when she passed I did cry...I never hugged her, touched her, or met her in person but I did care for her.....when she passed Beverly (who used to be on the SA site) called me and we grieved together....we will always miss you Jean!!! 🙂

Om glad you put this up here Ray....she is gone over there and now we can have her here with us!! 🙂
0 Kudos

I have several favourite memories of Mz Jean, but, a couple of them to start.

Firstly was her patience in trying to explain to me the difference between crocheting and knitting. I never did understand.

Secondly was my surprise when she asked me for my mailing address only to send me a tobaggan that I still and always will cherish.

I miss you each and every day Mz Jean. My life is richer for knowing you.
0 Kudos
kerryanne

Jean was such a great friend to me when I needed her. As some of you know, I had to have a pretty major back surgery. In fact, that surgery was what finally woke me up and made me stop playing around with my quit. Recovering from this surgery, after a few weeks my nights and days started to get more mixed up and I found myself playing word games with Jean way into the wee hours of the morning because she too had issues with sleeping.

She had a procedure done and I decided to get her address and send her flowers. You would think I had given her the moon! She took a picture of the bouquet and sent it to me with a thank you that was just so heartfelt. She had such a great sense of humor as well. She was so easily amused! It was an honor and a joy to know this fine woman.

When she died, the thought occurred to me that Jean would finally really see all of us in person. I don't have a doubt in my mind that Jean visited each and every one of us from the other site on her way to the other side.

Jean, I miss you.
Here's a little idea of the kind of humor Jean had. We talked about going away to some sunny beach and hanging out. I am a cat fan.... Jean sent me this.

0 Kudos
claudia6

Still miss Mz. Jean!! 🙂
0 Kudos