cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Darlene0313

Fatigued with Brain Fog

I am on my fourth day of quitting "again" and I am not able to focus at all and the fatigue is overwhelming.  I just looked up this information and stumbled across a forum where everyone was complaining of extreme fatigue and lack of concentration months into quitting.  I am very concerned here because this is interfering with my job now and my job is my livelihood and I can't have something like quitting smoking jeopardize it for months or even weeks on end.  Does anyone have any tips that will help with the fatigue and feeling like I'm in a fog all day. The main reasons I quit isbecause I want more energy and wanted the morning brain fog to stop. Now the fatigue is 10x and the Brain fog is all day.  I only have brief moments where I can focus only.   

15 Replies
Darlene0313

I have reminders on my phone to stay hydrated because i drink only coffee yet i still dont drink the water i should. I hit snooze or dismiss it. I know they say stop coffee when quitting but i refuse to give that up also, i love my coffee. I did switch to decaf though so my caffeine intake is less. I have to make it a habit to drink water too. 

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

Congratulations Darlene0313‌, you are over the most difficult time, the first 2 weeks. Like Jackie said, lots of liquids, even fruit juice, fresh lemonade containing tons of vit C, less coffee (diuretic and causes dehydration).  Eat healthy as much as you can, practice the deep breathing, relaxation, meditation, sleep as much as you can.  This is the time to give yourself lots and lots and TLC, and start making new routines, not involving the cigarette.  Use "I don't do that anymore, Not One Puff Ever", walk physically away from the spot where the crave hits, pick up a new hobby!

You can do it, please blog more about it, there will be many responses, and many options you can chose from to make your quit possible, easier, your forever quit!

NeedToBe

I am by no means as experienced and still early in my quit but thought my experience may resonate.

I just recently passed through this "phase" week 2-3. It seemed to last about 3 days varying in intensity.

I had read several threads on the web similar to what you found, but after posting here, got many responses to the contrary as you are now.

Yes it was a trying time, but forced myself to focus and gave myself permission to be a couch potato each night.

Something that really helped me was starting and ending my days here, pledge every morning. Read every evening.

A post I found particularly helpful was from Trust the Process by crazymama_Lori

Give it a read as it helped me in really believing all these "issues" are temporary and not permanent. It will pass.

Jerry

0 Kudos
indingrl

CONGRATS ON 16 NICOTINE FREE DAYS great job Darlene0313 keep on keeping on and thank you Darlene0313 for saving MY life to REMAIN quit with you ONE day at a time YAHOOOOO FOR DARLENE0313

c2q

I like the reminders on your phone to stay hydrated - what a great idea. Maybe post little pop-ups to congratulate yourself on quitting, too, cause you are doing GREAT.

Believe it or not, you are through the hardest part. Yeah for you!

indingrl

I love bulldogs so cool! Thanks for pic 

0 Kudos