cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bucky

Father to be, EX to be!!

My better half is due in February and the last thing in the world I want to do is smoke around my new baby. I decided its about time I did something about this terrible addiction so I came here and to the "Become an Ex" website and I started their plan. Currently I am working on "Seperating" my cigarette's, following their suggestions and directions to a T, slowly learning that I DONT need to light up immediately after my triggers. I wait 5-10 minutes after I normally have my smoke (Coffee, Morning, meal) and then I have one, my brain doesnt like it much, but I can certainly do it, hey its only a few minutes, right?

My boss told me yesterday how he was visiting his uncle, whom is attached to an oxygen canister with tubes running to his nose, just so he can breathe. That does not paint a pretty picture, and for right now, I dont want that to be me down the road. I dont want to set a bad example for my child, I dont want to harm her, or anyone else for that matter with my second hand smoke anymore!

You wanted Moms and dads who plan on quitting? Im not yet a dad, im not yet an EX yet. With the support that I have already gotten in 1 day from the amazing people on this site, and the idiot proof instructions on the "Become an EX" wesite I am certain I can do this.

I thank everyone who has made this site possible, and everyone who has QUIT but continues to come here and support those of us who have not yet done so.

With all of you, I know I can do this!
Bucky, 29, Miramar FL
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bucky

Thank you all so much, the support is just amazing!
0 Kudos