cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BHnCA

Fast Heartbeat!

Ive been on the #1 patch this week and have felt ok except for the withdrawal process itself.  Today, though, my heart is beating REALLY fast and I have to breath faster. I have COPD, so I’m familiar with pursed lip breathing and have been doing that but it doesn’t help to relieve the symptom. Do you think I should step down to the #2 patch instead? I know a rapid heartbeat can be part of the withdrawal, but it seems like it would’ve done it before now. Thanks for your feedback. Bonnie

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Lisaml

That is your body’s way of telling you that you are not meant to have nicotine.;-) right? Maybe. 

I believe some people are just unable to tolerate a steady stream of nicotine, such as provided by the patch. 

Use this knowledge to your advantage! Nicotine was terrible on your heart! You felt awful on the patch. Let that DRIVE your thinking during this quit. Remind yourself the detriment it caused you and you will prevail! I believe in you!!!! Xoxox 

Barb102

Please see you doctor before you think of using the patch. I have COPD and my Doc started me on 14 mg and I had to take it off at night. Please check and make sure before you do anything. You can do this with or without a patch. My dear friend stopped smoking cold turkey, the day her mom died from lung cancer. The craving wii get better. No One dies from the crave. You are strong and we are all here for you. I also believe in you. Now believe in yourself

Barb

Barbara145

Don't smoke.

0 Kudos