cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ashok

Failed quitter

Hi, I smoke 25 a day and have failed everytime I tried to quit. I hope being here helps my quit attempt this time. Good luck to all of you who are trying to quit 🙂
0 Kudos
7 Replies
cindy25

I had failed many times before as well. There are many ways to quit smoking and many choices. For me Cold Turkey failed and so did prescription drugs -this program was a success!!! I followed the Ex program to the letter. Quitting was not as hard as other times. I also used NRT gum for about a week too.
I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 33 seconds (14 days). I have saved $51.21 by not smoking 146 cigarettes. I have saved 12 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 5/11/2008 5:13 PM
0 Kudos
dyzilla

I hope so too Ashok. I am going to try also. Good Luck to you. This seems like a sound and logical program to follow.
0 Kudos
shaun3

Hi, Today is my first day, Ive tried everything from cold turkey to hymotism, nothing worked for very long, but I didnt have any kind of a support system in place, I am sure that having this community will finally help me quit for good
good luck!
0 Kudos
ashok

thx Danielle, I appreciate your comment. It touches me to know that people like you are around to help :). Am planning to reduce my smoking from today. The problem is everytime I quit completely i get back to smoking even more later. But thanks for very supportive comment. I hope I will have better success this time. 🙂
rgds

ashok
0 Kudos
ashok

thx Leslie for your good wishes. Am planning to give it one good shot today itself.

rgds

ashok
0 Kudos
ashok

Thx Karen for your support. I hope I can do it this time. I cant remember the number of times I've failed. Thats probably because I quit all at once earlier. This time Im planning to gradually reduce by cutting back 2 cigs a week.

But thx so much for your support. I find many ex smokers' views very heartening and supportive.

rgds

ashok
0 Kudos
ashok

Thx for your support and wonderful comment. I have tried quitting all at once many times and failed and then ended up smoking more than earlier. This time I'm planning to cutting back 2 cigs a week and hope I can quit and be smoke free. When I read views of ex smokers like you I'm really inspired.

thx again and rgds

ashok
0 Kudos