cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

FLU

Oh boy I have the Flu. Was going for my shot next week but it came on fast this year. Have 102 fever. But the great news is Pulmonary doc said “imagine how much worse it would be if you were still a smoker”. It felt so good to hear that it brought tears to my eyes. If you take the flu shot get it soon. Because of the weather we had flu started early September. Be well my dear nonsmoking friends!!  Coughed all night. Going to use the nebulizer and go to bed. 

21 Replies
Barb102

Yes I keep the fan on too. It’s been going to 100 - 100. I’m on 20mg prednisone it makes me shake. But I’m getting better and that’s the main thing. Thanks for your love and support

0 Kudos
elvan

That's not too bad but certainly enough to make you feel miserable.  I would almost rather have a really high fever so I am kind of out of it.  I really hope you get better soon.  I used to shake on higher doses of prednisone but I have been on it for so long now that I just don't have that reaction unless I increase the dose a LOT.  It tends to mess with my sleep then but on my usual dose, I don't notice anything.  

Thanks for your love and support as well.

Ellen