cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dave86

FIRST TIME TO QUIT IN 44 YEARS

I SMOKED FOR 44 YEARS, STARTED WHEN I WAS 15. I AM ON CHANTIX SEEMS TO BE WORKING , I HAVE NOT SMOKED IN 40 DAYS, STILL HAVE SMALL CRAVINGS, BUT THINK I CAN DO THIS WITH  YA'LL HELP.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Congrats on the 40 days!!!!  That is awesome!!!!  I know alot of people who have quit and stayed quit using Chantix.  I haven't used it myself but  have heard good things about it. Unfortunately my body doesn't handle alot of meds very well so I opted for the patch.  Again......Congrats!!!!!

0 Kudos
ksclementi

I also smoked for for 40 years and chose chantix. It helped me in the very begining.  I have not smoked in 30 days but had to go off the Chantix as it was making me sleep all day. at first I did not mind as I thought well I just sleep through withdrawal. But after a while the sleeping all day became too much. My cravings are mild to moderate now and manageable and I know they will pass so I do not panic. They are strongest in the morning. I gave up morning coffee for the time being. So I think I can manage without the Chantix. I still have the RX so if need be I can go back on it. I never ever thought I would be able to quit smoking . And I must admit I did love to smoke. But I am so proud that I have been able to stop so far one day at a time. 

0 Kudos
bridget5

Well the Chantix huh- I am going to ask my dr. for it - the stories I have heard from long time smokers - its Chantix.  My cousin smoked for 25 yrs. and quit for the first time with Chantix - still doing well 3 yrs.   You are going to succeed.

0 Kudos
a4a4a43

Good Job on the 40 days I smoked for 32 years I started when  I was 15. Went on chantix used it for 14 days and now I am off that. Its been alittle tough but day 22 to me.  I still drink coffee but whats really strange the after taste reminds me as if I have had a smoke. It is very strange and I find I dont drink as musch coffee. The cravings are also moderate and I too can manage it. Hang in there all of us are going to make it.

0 Kudos